Monday, January 28, 2013

Shine *bright* like a diamond

Junior League had a fundraiser at a local jewelry store this weekend. I just worked it for volunteer hours, but I got to see a lot of shiny, sparkly jewels while there. The fundraiser part of it was that you could come and have breakfast, drink mimosa's, shop around and make a wish list for your hunny to come back and buy later! ;)

The majority of them were way out of my price range. Like, way, way out. For example, everyone knows that diamonds are a girls best friend. So naturally, we were all attracted to this giant rock! Who wouldn't like to have that engagement ring, right? It was only $64,000!

More than I make in a year.
 There were other jewels there that looked a little more in style with today's fashion. I could have taken them home, but they too were a little on the pricey side.



Loved this one!
so pretty!
 
I think Molly would like these turquoise ones.
And then you would have a statue like this. Who decorates there house with these things! (No offense if you have one!) And for $5,000. I could spend that much money in whole lot better ways. 

My gift for Erin and Layton for his first birthday!

 There were also amazing cupcakes and other breakfast foods there. I had a peanut butter cupcake. My favorite.


And another little gem that I got in the mail on Saturday, an invitation from Barry and Joe for the inauguration ceremony. Too bad it happened five days prior to my receiving it. Still honored though.



2 comments:

  1. I have been having problems posting on your blog!!
    I just finally posted on mine!
    http://findmysoulmatebeforeiretire.blogspot.com/2013/01/balancebalance-and-friendship.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That statue will fit right in with the rest of my decor! :) ha!

    ReplyDelete