Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013: Goals and Plans

I recapped 2012 a few days ago, but I have lots of things in 2013 that I am looking forward to as well! I'm excited for this year, especially the first couple of months because I have some big trips planned and big milestones that I'll be tackling! :)

Things that are definite on the calendar for 2013:
  • Snow tubing in late January!
  • In February I'm going to be running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my best friend Erica. I've never done a half marathon, but I'm so excited for this trip! I'll be flying to Florida by myself (that will be a first), I'll get to see Erica's place in Tampa (which I've never been to) and we're going to Disney World!
  • In March I'll get to do a little traveling to Arkansas with a group of students. Excited for this as well. I've never been to Arkansas, but read a lot about it on blogs!
  • I also may be going on a cruise over spring break. I hope that all works out.
  • Officiating track meets this spring. I've always wanted to do it, so I mailed my application in. Plus, it'll be a nice extra paycheck.

Things that I plan to add to the calendar at some point this year:
  •  Skiing - I haven't been in a few years and want to go soon.
  • I want to run in a 5K at least every other month. I definitely plan to do the Dogwood 5K and the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure again this spring. My sister has asked if I want to run the Capital City Half Marathon with her in early May and the Redlegs Run on June 1 in Cincinnati. I also think it would be fun to do the Big10K in Chicago in July. And I think the Emerald City Quarter Marathon would be a fun new one to do too (plus, there are fire fighters that ran this IN UNIFORM! All the motivation I'd need to keep going. Or to faint!) :)
  • I want to knock a few more things off of my "101 Things to do in 1001 days" list, especially the traveling section and the series of doing things for others. 
  • Do the zip lining course at The Wilds or Hocking Hills.
  • Visit more college campuses and go to a few away Ohio State games (basketball or football). 


Things that are just goals for me to do sometime this year:
  • Start work on my master's degree.
  • Cook more instead of eating out all of the time.
  • Make sure my gas tank is always at least 1/4 full.
  • Always complete my bible study lesson.
  • Have at least one "me night" per week where I lounge at home and watch TV!
  • Not spend money unnecessarily. I don't need a cute sweater from Target every time I go.
  • Continue to work on me - doing things out of my comfort zone and things that I wouldn't normally have done, speaking up when I feel the need to, basically have no regrets about not doing something. And trust God that he has a plan for me and I shouldn't be worried. :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to make sure I have at least 1/4 tank of gas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also working on my master's degree this year too!

      Delete