Saturday, January 26, 2013

Office Makeover

There is a little lobby space outside of my office that I've wanted to update for the whole year I've been at this job. I finally made some progress a few weeks ago thanks to my awesome boss and good friends. 
Before (after a little prep work had started, but not that different from any other day!)
Since it's the first area that prospective students see when they come to my office, I think it's important that it at least looks put together. And we have students that work at the computers in this area, and I'm pretty sure they're loving the changes as well. 

After.


 You can tell too much from the pictures, but it's now a nice soft gray and the trim is all a crispy white! The desk also got moved back a little bit and some other furniture that wasn't being used was moved to other spaces. 

I'd already purchased the white and red frames a long time ago so they're finally up and looking nice on the wall.

The bulletin boards on the far left are for three different kinds of pictures - one is for pictures of the students spelling out O-H-I-O, one for pictures of them with President Gee, and one for post cards that they can bring me after they visit some place cool on study abroad or school trips. 

I don't know why anyone would buy blue furniture for an OSU building, but they do. It looks awful. It should be against the law. 

Things I still need to do:
  • Find a large area rug that's red/white or grey/white for the seating area. (Those little ones are from my office.)
  • Find red or gray chairs for the waiting room. The mis-matched chairs bother me and the two dark red ones are also from my office.
  • Have the fridge/printer combo moved into the corner so it's not an eyesore in the middle of the wall.
  • Find a small coffee table for the waiting area and paint it white.
And the little "OSU" block letters. I made them. It was a spur of the moment idea I had while walking around Hobby Lobby one night. The bulletin boards were as well. Sometimes I do my best brainstorming during crunch time. Other times, I have a mental break down in the middle of the store! ;)


4 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!! You're so crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend this looks AWESOME!!! Great job! Pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good! I'll be on the lookout for your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job! It look fab!! ps. J had the same furniture in his office before they got new stuff this summer. It was SO old. haha!

    ReplyDelete