So for now, I'll just share a little recap of my life lately, it's actually been somewhat exciting.
The last time I saw a movie in theatre was two summers ago when Molly and I saw "Water for Elephants." I saw four movies in the theatre within 10 days back during the first week of January.
Mom, Dad and I went to see Lincoln for Mom's birthday. I loved it. I'm such a history nerd when it comes to our national government, so it was fascinating to see the behinds the scene process on how slavery was abolished in our country and yet sad to realize how people thought about other people and even sadder to realize how people in our country today still have those same thoughts.
A few days later, Julie, Jill and I went to see Pitch Perfect at the dollar theatre here in town. OMG! It was hilarious. I laughed so hard during that movie. So, so hard! Then Kate, Lauren and I went to see Anna Karenena with Keira Knightley. It was good. Odd, but good. And lastly, I saw Les Miserables. I just don't know how to explain it. I had no prior knowledge to what it was about going into the theatre and I was just a little lost by all the singing. And the dirty people just grossed me out. ha. But it was good. Lincoln was by far my favorite.
| Buckeye Cheesecake at the Chocolat Cafe after Anna Karenena. |
Now that classes are back in full swing, the students are back and that is the favorite part of my job. Molly, John and I went to COSI the first Friday back for Late Night at COSI. (DON'T go see the shark movie. It is so boring. I fell asleep!) Student Council is back to their regular meetings. And I'm pretty busy with application deadlines come up soon.
| Wolfpack at COSI. |
Outside of work, there have been lots of fun things going on too! I went to the piano bar in Columbus a few weeks ago with Molly and John. Then last week I went out with the girls for Alicia's birthday (even helped sing a song on karaoke and it wasn't Spice Girls!). Friday night after work was a happy hour for a former co-worker who is leaving for a new job. So it was great to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while. And then tonight it was back out with the girls for dinner in celebration of restaurant week.
| Play us a song piano man... |
| After a little karaoke. |
| Me and Jenny |
![]() |
| restaurant week at matt the millers. |
Friday night I went to the casino with Molly and John for her birthday, more on that later. And Saturday I went to the big antique sale here in Columbus and found lots of cool things that I wanted but didn't have the money to buy.
| wanted them all. |
So I've been staying busy, busy, busy. But I am sticking to my new years resolution to have a "me night" once a week where I don't do anything. That night is tonight and I am pumped to have things around my apartment looking normal again. I need to start having more visitors so it's not a constant state of chaos.

No comments:
Post a Comment