For Molly's birthday last Friday night, we went to the new Hollywood Casino in Columbus. None of us had ever been since it opened last fall. And the only time I'd ever been in a casino ever was when I had a layover at the Las Vegas airport back in 2007. Obviously we come from a big gambling family.
So I was kind of excited to go. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, but it was a lot of fun. We were only there for maybe an hour and a half. On the walk in from the garage we decided that we all had a $10 limit. No one was going to bet anymore than that.
Since we were first time visitors, we got $10 free from the casino. That's all I used, but Molly and John used some of their own dollar bills to try to win the big bucks. I cashed out with a $.62 profit! John was in the hole after using his own $$ and Molly won $23, but she did invest some of her own money and John's too.
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Molly! |
| Big Winner!! $.62 richer than when I walked in the door! :) |
There were soooo many slot machines everywhere. It was pretty crowded (we were there on a Friday night around 10pm) so we didn't pay too much attention to the blackjack tables or the poker room. I just kept looking for George Clooney or Brad Pitt to come walking through the machines!
I just can't believe the amount of people that just sat at machines playing over and over and over! I don't have anything against gambling as long as you know your limit. Like I said, we decided on $10. That's no different than if we were going to go to a movie. It was a small portion of money that we were spending on entertainment and if we happened to double it, so be it. I don't know how people can just throw money away? It baffles me.

I haven't been yet but would love to go!
ReplyDelete