Last week was also the big Pike County Fair, in addition to the Ohio State Fair. They used to not overlap at all and the OSF was always after our little county fair. Not the case this year.
I was fortunate to be able to go home the evening of the hog show at the PCF and watch my girls Payton and Avery show their piggys. The Hog Show and Steer Show are the two nights I like to go watch. I like the hog show because there's always a ton of people there to see that I know and the girls show. I like to watch the steer show because I just love showing cattle and I wish I could have done it all the way through my 4-H career. Plus, I think it's entertaining to watch those individuals that don't know how to actually show because they've never touched their animal until it goes into the ring and they are scared to death of it. And then it gets loose. But that's another story. And I always 'judge' the steers too. I love placing them in classes. I'm usually right too. I swear I should have been on our livestock judging team in college. I have a talent.
I was fortunate to be able to go home the evening of the hog show at the PCF and watch my girls Payton and Avery show their piggys. The Hog Show and Steer Show are the two nights I like to go watch. I like the hog show because there's always a ton of people there to see that I know and the girls show. I like to watch the steer show because I just love showing cattle and I wish I could have done it all the way through my 4-H career. Plus, I think it's entertaining to watch those individuals that don't know how to actually show because they've never touched their animal until it goes into the ring and they are scared to death of it. And then it gets loose. But that's another story. And I always 'judge' the steers too. I love placing them in classes. I'm usually right too. I swear I should have been on our livestock judging team in college. I have a talent.
| Miss Avy showing at the hog show. |
| One of my favorite things about our fair - chicken and noodles! |
| Such a girly girl/farm girl. |
| Me and Payton. |
| It'll be no time before these girls are showing. :( |
| I passed this trophy out from birth until I was 24 years old and they moved the show to during the day. :( |
| Suttyn and her boys licking the powdered sugar off the funnel cake plate. |
| Me & Avy after the sale. |
| Love these 'little' girls. |
| That's my fair. |
| Lots of good memories in those barns. |
Sounds like fun! I found your blog via searching for Columbus bloggers. I'm moving to the area soon! Do you still do the blogger meet up?
ReplyDelete