On recent trips to Chicago, I made my rounds to a few different cupcake bakeries. Yes, there are bakeries that only sell cupcakes and they are genius! And delicious.
I'd been to Sweet Mandy B's in Lincoln Park quite a few times since the sis lives just a few blocks away.
When Brittany and I visited she wanted to go to Sprinkles and we also randomly ran across Magnolia Bakery.When I went with the girls we hit up two of the three! Cupcakes are just amazing!
Magnolia Bakery was the first place I tried.
Magnolia Bakery was good. They get the award for the best decorated shop. Seriously. The. Cutest!
The second cupcake shop we visited was Sprinkles. It was small and we got there pretty late in the day - 15 minutes before it closed - so there was no wait at all.
It's owned by the lady judge from Cupcake Wars. So it's kind of a big tourist attraction.
| Pupcakes! |
Sprinkles gets the award for having the cutest spoons - wooden with their name! - and just overall packaging. Plus, I was in LOVE with the chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing. AND THE SPRINKLES!
The last place we tried was Sweet Mandy B's. I'd been there a handfull
of times since it's just down the street from my sister's place.
| We picked up a lunch date. She had to take her backpack with her since Britt and I both had purses! :) |
| Ummmm..... yum! I think I had the mint chocolate one, but I can't remember. I also had a peanut butter one. OMG! |
Since I've had Sweet Mandy B's so many times, I'm a little more likely to lean towards that one as my favorite, but can you really go wrong with a cupcake? And the icing they all have I could just eat with a spoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment