I've been in a quilting mood recently. It all started about a month ago when I finally took my sewing machine to get fixed. It had been making a really loud noise that was just unbearable to listen to and I hadn't used it in probably a year. Which is why I had two quilts sitting in my 'sewing room' aka, my closet, not complete.
Now that it's fixed, I'm back in business. I finished Layton's quilt and this one for my nephew Cooper. He's 2. I started it when he was a newborn. Better late that never, right? I still have to give this to him, so I hope he doesn't read my blog! ;)
![]() |
| Bowie had to pose with the quilt. |
I have another one that just needs bound together, I might get to it on Sunday, and then one that I've already cut the pieces for, but just have to sew together. Hoping to get both of those done in the next few weeks.
One quilt I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby and the other one I had to order it offline, because I didn't know at the time that a store in Columbus sold all of the Kona solid colors. I love these fabrics. They're so soft AND they are the prettiest colors! I'm really excited about the pattern I'm doing with these two shades of gray and white!
![]() |
| Love me some Kona solids. |
A few other quilt patterns that I want to try include this aztecs print, which I think would be really pretty in one of the color pallets of this aztec print that I found at Jo Ann Fabrics.
![]() |
| Quilt pattern I like. |
![]() |
| Color palette #1 that I like. |
![]() |
| Color palette #2 that I like. |
And this is my dream quilt. I think the colors are so pretty in it! Especially that green, white and pink in the upper corner!
![]() |
| Emily's dream quilt! |
I've found a few quilt shops around Columbus with really pretty selections of fabrics, so I'm excited to finish up the ones I have and then start a new one!!
And last week I went to Coshocton to quilt with Jennifer, Stephanie and Alana and I was so productive. I hope to go again on one of their monthly quilt days, but I don't know if it's going to work the next few weeks.
The reason that I'm not as productive when I quilt at home is because I have someone that wants to be my little helper.
Anyone else ever seen a cat that likes to sew as much as mine? :)










Love that you are finding new hobbies! What made you get into quilting to begin with? Could be a good blog post in itself. :)
ReplyDelete