Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ohio State Football

It's officially football season! Yay!!

I love this time of year because not only does it mean so many great football games on TV every single weekend, but it means it's tailgating season too and I love seeing so many people at one time that I don't normally get to see - friends from college, friends from back home, current friends all at one time. It just makes me happy.

Two weeks ago, for the Kent State game, I got to sit in the Board of Trustees suite with my student/friend Stacie. This is her second year on the Board and last season I didn't get to go when she invited me because of a conflict.

The seats provided a great view. The food was delicious. And the company was great.



During the third quarter I snuck down to A deck and visited my friend Fisher (his real name is Nick, ha) and sat with him for the third quarter. We have been friends since I started college in 2003. I have a picture of us from just about every football season.

At the end of the game, we sang Carmen Ohio with President Drake and his wife. It was their first time singing Carmen Ohio after a victory. I doubt they'll remember they sang it with me, but I will!


With the Drakes.
The lone photo of me and Stacie from that day. Stolen from instragram.

And Stacie gave us all a copy of the official group photo that the photographer took. And it's just perfect addition to my desk in my favorite "Block O" picture frame. :)


And because I made arrangements with the board secretary/gave him the idea for hot chocolate to be served with peanut butter whipped cream at a future game, I'm hoping to go back to taste it! wink, wink Stacie!

No comments:

Post a Comment