Friday afternoon Molly and I went to a few estate sales in Columbus to see if we could score any goodies. And we sure did!
The first place we went had stuff, but not much. Mostly garage stuff. Lots and lots of nails for like $.25/box. And tools.
The second place we went was our goldmine! They had so much pretty stuff. If I was a millionaire I would have told everyone to get out of the house, that I was buying it and all the furnishings. Then I would have redone the house to fit my style of course, but I loved everything about it. It reminded me of grandparents. Not mine necessarily, but I know that house was where someone my age grew up visiting their grandparents. Maybe. More on that later. :)
Molly found a reclining chair that she liked for $25. She plans to recover it in cheetah print fabric. And I found a couch that is so comfy and LONG in a pretty mint green/aqua color for only $100. It was $145, but I talked them down. There were lots of other lovelys there, but that's all we got.
Saturday after my race, Mom, Molly and I went to Amish country in Northern Ohio. We went through lots of antique malls and I found lots of stuff I wanted, but didn't buy anything. Pinching those pennies for the cruise this summer. We did eat at Der Dutchman and it was delicious.
 |
| Noodles!!!! |
 |
| Molly with her noodles! |
 |
| The couch I bought with some pillows on it. need more. |
 |
| Mixing bowls I found in Berlin, but didn't buy. If they would have had S&P shakers, I would have gotten those. |
 |
| Wax paper and foil dispenser in one of the estate sales. I also found a letter inside this, that was old and looked like hate mail from the wife to the husband!!! |
 |
| Iron hook I got for my back porch. I'm trying not to look 'crazy cat lady' just more like 'Fishes Eddy'. |
I actually went to the estate sale three times. Once with Molly, once to pick up the couch and once with Cara just to look around again (We biked there from Grandview!). Lots of bargains. Estate sales make me sad because of all the stuff that once belonged to someone and people are just coming and taking. But at least the five things I bought will get a good home. Ha. And I may have gone so many because one of the guys working was a hottie!!! :)
I love the noodles at Der Dutchman. Yum!
ReplyDelete