Thursday was the first stop on the High Street Lunch Tour with my co-workers and friends, Adam and Jill. It was decided that we'd start at High Street and Lane Avenue and work our way south through all of the restaurants that we haven't been to before. The rule was if all three of us haven't eaten at a restaurant, we go. So we will skip those chain places like McDonald's and Wendy's. We're not going every day, just once a week. I'd be broke as a joke if it was every day. I'd also gain 400 pounds.
Our first stop, since we'd all been to Noodles, was Diaspora, a Korean and Japanese Restaurant. I like Japanese steakhouse food, usually because I get steak/chicken and rice. I'm not a sushi fan AT ALL! I also eat Chinese food, as long as there is a buffet type thing that I can see to pick and chose what I want. Ha.
I was not a fan of what I got. It was labeled as "Beef and Vegetables" so I thought it would be something like stir fry. Nope. It was ground hamburger with a mix of veggies that I definitely don't eat - pickles, carrots, bean sprouts, mushrooms. Yuck. And there was a fried egg on top. Eww. The lady even told me it was a favorite. Who did they poll?
![]() |
| Not my ideal lunch at all. |
We even had to eat with chopsticks! And this nasty, nasty sauce on my dish (thanks to the waitress). Jill got fried veggies and Adam got spicy tuna sushi.
![]() |
| going out of the box and eating new things |
Next week we'll hit up the next restaurant. We figured out that the next five places on the list that we haven't been to are either Chinese or Japanese food. This might be a long month of May for Jill and I.



No comments:
Post a Comment