Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dogwood 5K

I ran in my third Dogwood 5K on April 27. I wasn't as prepared as I was last year and it showed by how I was a little slower than I had hoped, but even with a few walking breaks (yes, I walked) :( I still finished at 32 minutes. I want to break 30 so bad. Why do I get lazy and walk?

This year Payton didn't run with me because of her injury, so I didn't have anyone to pace me and I'm pretty horrible at that myself.

But I got it done. It was my first 5K of 2013, the 6th one I've ever done. Not my best time, not my worst time.

Somehow running 13.1 miles at Disney seemed a lot easier. I think it was because there are soooo many people running then and at the Dogwood there is a group way ahead of me and a group way behind me.

Rheadon and I after we finished. He basically could have lapped me.

With the Dogwood Tree in front of Mom and Dad's house.

And to remind myself of how far I've come in relation to running and just life in general:

Dogwood 5K in 2011
Dogwood 5K in 2012
Dogwood 5K 2013 (forcing Lori in the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment