Tuesday, May 28, 2013

High Street Lunch #2 & #3

Weeks 2 and 3 were much more uneventful than the first week of our High Street Lunch Tour.

We've skipped over the 5 billion Asian restaurants between Lane Avenue and Woody Hayes and are trying to mix it up. Be diverse away from only eating Chinese.


We went to Crazy Corky's Cafe. It was just a quaint little place in the bottom of the bookstore plaza at Woodruff and High. I used to eat a Corky's Cafe when I worked downtown, so it was similar. Just crazier? :) I got a grilled cheese, which was yummy. I don't remember what Adam and Jill got. And Suzie joined us this week too. We sat outside on the patio and took zero pictures.

Week #3 actually got two stops because we went to Sicilia Fine Italian Specialties (aka the pizza place attached to Out R Inn) for Stacie's Surprise Congratulations Party. We wanted to do lunch there one day, but it doesn't open til 4pm so holding the party there was perfect.

I'm not in the picture, but it's at Sicilia's. I took the picture. Congrats Stacie!!!!

Then we went to Buckeye Donuts for lunch on Friday. I'd never been there, even as an undergrad. I did not get the full Ohio State college experience at all when I was a undergrad. Not even close. I'm so thankful that I get a second chance to redeem myself now.

Anywho, I had chicken strips at Buckeye Donuts. Jill got French toast and Adam had a gyro or something like that. We also got donuts for the road. I got a Buckeye donut, because I love chocolate and peanut butter. It was just ok - it was real peanut butter on there, not the yummy mixed kind that you find inside candy buckeyes. So that made the donut really rich and almost too much for me to eat!

yum. yum. yum.

My first Buckeye Donut.

Solid peanut butter right there in the middle. YUCK!


2 comments:

  1. How fun! Too bad I can't do a restaurant hop in New Albany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea they had other food besides donuts at Buckeye Donuts! My mind is blown :)

    ReplyDelete