Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pink Eye :(

So my week has been less than stellar. Not bad, but not one I'll remember forever. Or it actually might be. It'll be known as the week I had pink eye.

Yes, pink eye. I turn 28 years old and get pink eye. Who does that? I thought it was just little kids at elementary schools because they're germy.

I've never had it before. Ever. It's not even what I thought it was. At all. I thought pink eye was when you're entire outside of your eye was swollen, not the white part of your eye. And I'm still not convinced that it's what I actually had because I didn't have the pain that everyone talks about, just the red, blood shot eyes. I basically just looked stoned all day Monday and Tuesday at work. Fantastic think to have when you meet with prospective college students and their parents.

I thought it was allergies at first, but then everyone said it looked like pink eye and the doctor agreed since I didn't have the other allergy symptoms that I usually have - sneezing, sore throat, stuffy nose.

So I got eye drops to use for seven days. I guess it's better to be overly cautious and make sure if there is a virus in there it is gone.

Not my eye, but what it looked like. Both of them.



1 comment:

  1. Definitely good just to use the drops. There have been a few kids at school with it lately so I think it's getting passed around. Happy 28th year! :)

    ReplyDelete