Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pink Eye Hoax

So I told the world I had pink eye, and I felt really dirty because of it. Turns out, I didn't have pink eye. I just had an alergic reaction to the store brand eye makeup remover I recently purchased.

How did I figure this out? Well first everyone was telling me they felt sorry for me because pink eye was soooooo painful. Mine did not hurt, at all. I took my eye drops four times a day like the doctor lady told me to. I wasn't wearing eye make-up, which is like the worst of all things that could happen to me. I can't stand to not have on mascara. So my eyes were fine, no bloodshotness at all. Weird right, cause two days before I looked stoned out of my mind.

Saturday morning I get up and again, they look just fine. I'd slept in my make up the night before because that's what usually happens when I fall asleep on the couch waiting for the news to come on. Ha. So I get out my eye make up remover to get ride of my raccoon eyes and BAM, instant bloodshot eyes again.

So I put the anti-red eyes drops in multiple times throughout the day and get them cleared up. I toss the eye make up remover and get new. I've not had to use the drops, but am still holding on to them just in case.

Moral of the story, buying the Kroger brand of the Netrogena eye make up remover was not a bright idea. I was trying to save $.78, but really I cost myself a lot more of time and money trying to get rid of "pink eye."

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment