Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ramblings

My lunch date for today got cancelled, so I'm going to ramble about the things I've been up to lately.

And no mom, my lunch date wasn't an actual date, it was with Abra. Sorry to disappoint.

We'll touch on Bowie first. The girl is a riot. I don't know what I did without her for the past 27 years. She sure makes my life so much funnier. And I LOVE having her greet me at the door every time I come home and snuggling with me first thing in the morning and at night before bed. Love her. You can follow her adventures here. (I also can't believe I'm one of 'those' pet people.)



I got to go boating a few weekends ago with some co-workers. We went to Indian Lake and spent the afternoon on the boat. I also go to go tubing with a co-worker's daughter. It was fun. I mean, as fun as can be when you're the only young, single co-worker there without kids or a spouse and you're feeling super awkward in your bathing suit around all of your much older co-workers. Hehe! But it was a good time.




I once again did some "Gold Medal Big Sister" antics and took Molly to get her car from the impound lot. Welcome to living closer to campus sister.
After the meltdown.

Reunited with RKJ.
 Friday night after we saved her car we went back home. We had a few showers to attend on Saturday. Since our parents live really close to the high school football field, we walked over there for the second half of the game. We're kind of a big deal back home - totally saying that in all fun - and we sat in the end zone with friends. We had front row seats for a touchdown. Then the two touchdowns that beat us in the last minute of the game!!!


Saturday's baby shower was for my BFF Erin. Her little boy will be arriving in November!

Pretty ladies at the shower.

My best friends from home.
Saturday evening with I got back to the 'View, Brittany and I went to the Grandview Ox Roast. It's a nice little fundraisor that their Boosters do to raise money for the athletic teams. We also went to her parents and just chilled out. Great Saturday night being social, but also relaxed at the same time.

Sunday afternoon my Mom and Pop came to town and we hooked up my new dryer in the basement. Praise the Lord! I know have a dryer and can dry my clothes with out hanging them all over the basement and from my fan.

Dad also helped me finish putting together my armoire. Who knew that piece of cardboard on the back of things was really needed for squaring it up and not just for decoration? Not me! Thanks daddy-o!

Sunday night I went to work for a little bit and then on a run around campus. I have got to get back into a running routine. 5 months til Disney. I still need to add 10 miles to my distance before then. I'm thinking about running the Hot Chocolate 15K in November. Anyone in with me?
Running by the Stadium makes me happy. Seeing Mike Nugent on the giant poster makes me happy and miss the days of OSU football when I was there.

Bus stop in the middle of the Olentangy River. Typical COTA move.

My baby. :)
And tonight I'm getting my hair cute and I can. not. wait!!!!!




 I wish my hair could be wavy like the last two. I really just want this 'rat tail' cut off from the back so that it can all be one length. And I also want to get rid of this awful color I have going on. I want my dark back!!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend! When it warms up again and we bring (well haul) our boat up here we'll have to take it out!

    ReplyDelete