Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wrigley Field

While I was in Chicago in August with my cousin and her friends, I hit up a Cubs game while they were getting their Harry Potter on. I'd driven by Wrigley Field before, but never been inside. So I just hopped on the train one day and got off in the backyard of Wrigley. Literally, it drops you off right there.

Except on that first day the game was sold out - unless I wanted to splurge for seats that were $120. No thanks. I was just looking for a $25 seat in the outfield. So I bought a ticket for the next day. It just so happens that while I was there, the Cubs were playing the Reds. Kind of like my hometown team? I was going to a game no matter what, but being surrounded by so many people from Ohio made it a lot of fun. There was always someone to talk to on the train and I even got seated between a bunch of Reds fans. Lucky me.

 




The flags were old and I loved that!




National Anthem


Evanston


Hanging out in the fancy seats with my friend, the season ticket holder.



Love the old scoreboard too.

Season ticket holder man was nice enough to take my picture with the scoreboard in the back.



Rooftop seats.

Old seats at the Wrig. So pretty.

Reds pitcher that could throw the ball really fast.

Told ya it was fast!




Such a fun atmosphere.

Take me out to the ballgame.


behind home plate.

Harry Carey.


Downtown Chicago from the Wrig.







Behind the scoreboard

From the knotholes. This is where the Clydesdale ran out for a Budweiser commercial I guess. I couldn't find it on youtube.



No comments:

Post a Comment