Back in July I took a little weekend trip with Brittany to Chicago. I go to Chicago quite often to visit my sis and nieces, but haven't gone on just a trip to explore the city. And the one time Britt was there it was pouring down the rain. So way back in the early spring we planned this trip.
Brittany and I met a few years back and she has become one of my closest friends here in Columbus. So thankful to have her as such a good friend. :)
This trip was just for fun. We visited with my sister a little bit, then spent a few days walking around downtown Chicago. It was good to get away, explore parts of the city I'd never been to and eat sweets. We did a lot of cupcake eating - every night before bed actually.
![]() |
| We stopped in West Lafeyette for lunch and I snapped this "O" in front of Purdue's stadium. |
![]() |
| We went shopping in Lincoln Park. |
| Had a patio dinner. |
| Rode the "El." |
![]() |
| Did a lot of walking when I got us lost. |
![]() |
| Had cupcakes! A lot of them! |
| Watched the season finale of The Bachelorette. |
| Ate cupcakes during The Bachelorette.....of course! |
![]() |
| Pleased our 8 year old selves with a trip to the American Girl store. |
| Ate Giordano's Pizza. |
![]() |
| Explored the Magnificent Mile. |
![]() |
| Visited the Bean. |
![]() |
| It was literally 102 degrees the day we were there. As stupid as these people looked laying in a fountain, I was envious. |
![]() |
| Sears Tower |
![]() |
| More cupcakes at Sprinkles! |
![]() |
| Visit with my favorite 4 year old! |
It was a great trip to Chi-town. Sometimes I think I should just move there. If only my sis had a bigger house with another bedroom! ;)
Thanks Britt for a great girls weekend getaway. Let's pick another city and do this again!

















Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your trip to Chicago looks like a lot of fun! Your pictures are great! Love to have a cupcake....!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Yay!! It was such a fun trip! Glad you posted about it. I need to get on the ball!! Maybe one day I will go to Chicago and it won't flood or be 102*. :)
ReplyDelete