Now that school is three weeks in, I feel like my life is going back to a routine! A much needed routine.
This summer was great. It was very, very busy. I was on the run all the time. I made weekly trips to Northern Ohio for camps, traveled to Myrtle Beach and Chicago (twice!). It was a jam packed summer full of awesome-ness.
But I'm ready for a change in season. I'm ready for the routine of life. I'm ready to live at a slower pace for a while.
One downside to the routine is the lesser availability I have to do things with friends. Yes, the girl who once spent every night at home sulking cause she had nothing to do is now a social butterfly. So while I've made lots of friends over the summer and have a blast hanging out with all of them, I hate this conflict I have between spending as much time as I want with them and also having 'me' time.
It's a fine line and my project this fall is going to be to balance that time.
I'm probably most excited that my Bible Study has started again. I was so excited to return this past Monday. I did a really bad job about attending church regularly this summer, so I'm hoping that will be another plus to being back on a routine. Attending church and being a part of this bible study just makes me feel so much better about life. Kind of peaceful. Like I feel ok knowing that things are going to work out how they're supposed to and I just need to be patient. I've struggled with that a lot lately, so I'm definitely looking forward to Monday nights! Plus side, my former roommate joined this year and we're in the class too. If anyone is interested in attending, just message me for details. It's a great way to get to know amazing women in Central Ohio.
Every Thursday night after work I have meetings for a student organization I oversee here on campus. It's a little more time commitment than what I thought originally, but it's good. I like getting to know the students and be involved in the activities that take place here on our campus.
I also joined Junior League! With my friend Cara. This has also been a great way to meet other women and be involved in my community. Something I lacked for so long was that feeling like I was being a productive member of society, like I was giving back. And I think I found that place. With all of the volunteer opportunities they have I feel like I'm doing something good, well, I am. But it just fills a hole that I've had for a long time. And again, it's forced me to get out of my comfort zone, do new things and meet people!
And, thanks to my new love for Nutella - seriously, how did I just get to know about this? - I'm in a routine of eating breakfast every single morning. I'm making myself not eat it at any other time of the day so I don't 1) eat it all 2) get really sick of it from eating it all the time.
I don't really have anything else to share in this post. I have a big, personal one in the works. It's been in the works for months. I just need to finish it.
Then next week is Kelly's Korner "Show us your Singles" day? Would it be totally cheesy if I participated and wrote something about myself? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment