Friday, September 14, 2012

All About Columbus

Last week I had dinner with a fellow blogger that just moved to Columbus from South Carolina. I'm pretty sure Columbus, Ohio is A LOT different than where she comes from in South Carolina. While I tried to get her up to speed on 'all things Columbus' (and Ohio for that matter), I just didn't have the time.

So here goes my list of stuff I know about Columbus and I hope my fellow C-bus blogger friends will pipe in with their two cents too! ;)

Since it's football season, we'll start off with the most important thing obviously, Ohio State. :)

  • Ohio State is located in the middle of Columbus. It's the third largest university in the country. There colors are Scarlet and Gray (not red!) and every Saturday in the fall the entire city will be wearing these colors. Our mascot is a Buckeye.

Brutus Buckeye

Tailgating Madness on campus.


  • A Buckeye is a nut. It is poisonous. Don't eat the real thing, but the candy ones are awesome.
yum!

  • Michigan is Ohio State's biggest rival. Do not ever wear blue and gold on a Saturday in Columbus. They also play the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it is the biggest game of the season.


  • Speaking of what to wear on Saturdays, most people around here don't dress up for games. :( This makes me kind of sad. But, when it's 22 degrees outside, it's a little hard to look cute. Majority of the fans will wear jeans, shorts and an OSU t-shirt or jersey. Like a cute Homage shirt. But you can of course dress that up too. (Like when you all come to my southern style tailgate with the "Dress to Impress" theme on September 22. Comment for more details! You're all invited!) A Buckeye necklace is a must too.

  • Columbus has two professional sports teams - The Columbus Crew (soccer) and the Columbus Blue Jackets (hockey). There is also a minor league baseball team, The Columbus Clippers.
  • There are three malls in the area - Easton Town Center, Polaris Fashion Place and the Mall at Tuttle Crossing. There are also many other little strip mall type places.
Other suggestions ladies? Should this become a regular weekly post about our city? What questions do you have Fletcher? :)




1 comment: