Tuesday, December 23, 2014

This and That

Last weekend I spent it in Columbus and had a plathora of Christmas activities planned. I had decided I was going to bake cookies and decorate them like the Doughmestic Housewife does. I had convinced myself this was going to be my new hobby and money maker. 

Well, I cannot back worth a crap. Got bored cutting out the cookies, then frustrated because my icing didn't turn out right and well before I knew it everything was a hot mess and I just quit. My cookies don't look like anything special and they taste equally as horrible too. 

Saturday I finished up my Christmas shopping after having lunch with one of my former students who was passing thru town on her way home for the holidays. Saturday night Molly came over and after I finished with my cookie disaster, we ran some errands, got Starbucks (I'm obsessed with their Peppermint Hot Chocolate, btw!) and drove around looking at lights. :)

Sunday I headed down to Wilmington to Katie's to meet baby Beau for the first time and hang out with some college friends that I don't see often enough. It was a great day and I got lots of baby snuggles.


Reese isn't a baby anymore, but we still snuggled!
Later that evening I went to the Columbus Zoo to see the lights with my godson and his family. The lights were beautiful, we saw a giant bear sleeping and he was fascinated with the fish! I had been wanting to go to the zoo all December, so I'm glad that Erin and Luke invited me along!

He loved the elephant. He screamed every time he did something.

So pretty.

Lights!

Taking selfies in the 670 tunnel.
Only two days of work this week, then I'm headed home for Christmas! I tried to decorate my nails really pretty, but it's an obvious Pinterest fail.

What I wanted, what I bought, what it looked liked after two coats. -_-



1 comment:

  1. Try buying glitter, like from a DIY store, painting your nails and then sprinkling the glitter over them, while they're still freshly painted. (Remember to do this over a saucer, otherwise glitter will go everywhere, and it's notoriously hard to clean up!) You don't necessarily get as amazing coverage as the photo on the left, but it's not too shabby comparatively. Glitter is also an always-needed accessory for any decorations or home-made cards, so you'll put it to use no matter if this technique works out for you or not.

    ReplyDelete