Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Resolutions for 2015

I'm spending my NYE in New Orleans this year! Excited to be with so many of my Buckeye family (and some blood relation too, I'm there with Molly!). Hoping 2015 starts out on a great note with a Buckeye victory over Alabama!



And now on to my New Years Resolutions! I'm really going to concentrate on improving myself in 2015. I feel like this year was just a year of sustaining or keeping my head above water. 2013 was a big year for me and 2014 just seems kind of blah compared to it. But I'm sure that's what God was telling me that I needed. And now I have the conviction to make changes to a lot of things I'm not happy with.

And I'm going to be all cliche and do it at the beginning of the year.

1. Be at work on time every day. For the past 6 months for me, this has been a struggle. I will snooze through my alarm so many times that I don't get to work until after 9. Sometimes it's 10! Granted I do have a lot of things going on in the evenings, but it's time to be in the office on time!

2. Cut back on 'after school activities'. I advise two student organizations, and kind of a third too. I am going to stop going to so many of their activities because I don't really need to be at all of them. Just the big ones. This will give me more time in the evenings to go to the gym and a social life outside of my job.

3. Sign up for a half-marathon and get to the gym. I slacked the last quarter of 2014 on getting to the gym. It got cold and I ended up at home on the couch under a cozy blanket and that's where I'd stay. Must get back on track!

4. No fast food. I've done this before for Lent, so I can do it again. I have to start cooking more at home and not eating out as much. It's bad for my health. It's bad for my wallet. Even if I do have a McDonald's gift card in the car at all times!

5. No social media. This one I've also done for Lent in the past and it was a blessing. I have been reading a few books all talking about the ways facebook effects people and relationships and I'd already been having these same thoughts, so this just validated what I'd been thinking. So no more snapchat, facebook, instagram, twitter, or any of those games that make me stare at my phone and not have connections with people around me (scramble, trivia crack). I've already changed the passwords to something I don't know and logged out! If you want to talk to me or see how I'm doing, feel free to text or email me, or better yet - call me! I miss having phone conversations!

6. Study my Bible daily. This is something that I need to get better at and I always feel better about myself and life in general when I am in it daily. I have my bible study every Monday that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, but I'm still feeling like I need more! So I've been making an effort over the last few months to attend Sunday services more regularly. I really want to find a church that I like and get involved! Not just be a pew filler on a Sunday.

7. Be a better communicator. I'm not one to ask a lot of questions, therefore I just make up scenarios in my head or don't have the answers that I want. So this is also a big priority for me. Be a better communicator, listener, ask questions, have meaningful conversations with people. Not just be a talker. I think all my relationships could use this - family, friends, potential suitors (my fav term coined by my friend Cara!).

Those are just 7 things, but they're seven big things. All things that I want to see happen and have been unhappy and struggling with, so I'm hoping that with persistence and a lot of prayer, I'll keep them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your new year resolutions! I know for me, I want to start worrying less, working harder and having more fun! These broad goals of mine will pave the way to a happier, healthier lifestyle. I also want to revamp my blog and start writing frequently again. :)

    Hope you had fun in NOLA and I will give you a PHONE CALL soon!

    ReplyDelete