The semester is finally over - Praise the Lord!! I am in need of a break like no other.
My apartment has been torn apart for the last week because of kitchen plumbing issues. First I had a hole in my pipe. Then most recently all of the units in my building had trouble draining their kitchen sinks. So guess whose kitchen got torn apart looking for the problem....MINE. So I couldn't use my sink for a week. Last night I finally had time to clean everything in my kitchen with bleach. (They had splattered black gunk all over everything.) So with the exception of mopping, everything is spick and span. :) I also got a ton of laundry done and my dining room cleaned out. Honestly, a lot of the 'stuff' just got taken to the basement.
Out of sight. Out of mind.
Until I go down there to do laundry.
So this spring I am doing a major cleaning out of my basement and having a yard sale. And what doesn't sell, it's going to Goodwill. No sense in hoarding a gift from an ex's mom that I never took out of the box and someone else might actually like.
Speaking of ex's. I dug out some gift cards that what's his name #3 left at my place many, many years ago. I had told him shortly after the break up that he could come pick them up, and he never did (also never returned his key to my place, awkward.) So I treated myself to Starbucks this morning. There is still $11 on the card too! I have at least $150 in gift cards that belonged to him. Anyone want to go to dinner sometime soon? Merry Christmas to me!
Christmas is just one week away. I have ideas of what I'm getting everyone for Christmas, but I just have to pull the trigger this weekend and buy it. Gift baskets for everyone! And I'm not talking fruit or lotions or other little things. Like nice themed baskets. The little ones have been taken care of for some time now. Especially the girls. And Molly. If you are between 3-6 or your "personality is a lot of personalities" (her words, not mine), I have no trouble shopping for you. I over shop for you in fact. I have to force myself to stop buying for you!
After Christmas I'm headed on a little road trip to NOLA for New Years Eve and the Sugar Bowl! Eeek! First time to New Orleans. I'm so excited. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do or see while we're there? Obviously a swamp tour is a must. I have to experience that. And hopefully on the way home we can swing thru Tuscaloosa and get our picture doing "O-H-I-O" in front of their stadium after we win. Fingers crossed. :)
So that's my life right now. I'll have a post soon of my decorations. I did a lot of things differently this year. Like some of it and other parts is just 'ehh.' Of course, 7 days before Christmas and I'm still adding to it. Almost in time for it to be taken down. It's always a work in progress.
And for smiles....here's an outtake of the annual Christmas card photo. Bowie did not enjoy it and every picture features her in action leaping out of my arms. SMH. We got an ok-ish one, which will be featured.
| Why can't she just let me hold her? |
![]() |
| I did not create this, so it's not just me!!!! |
Also, I started a new "101 things to do in 1001 days". You can find the new, currently short, list here. Right now a lot of my things are travel related, which also mean I need money to do. Maybe I should add "get a part time job to fund 101 activities".

No comments:
Post a Comment