Thanksgiving was pretty uneventful this year. Students got off on Wednesday, in addition to Thursday and Friday, but I still had to work. So it was a mostly casual laid back day and I spent 2 hours of it giving blood. It actually only took me 6 minutes and 45 seconds to give, but there was a line and these people aren't the quickest. Which is fine I suppose.
 |
| Pumping out the blood. |
This is the 4th time I've donated and I didn't have any problems again this time. (The first time I got a little light headed.) I still can't believe that I can voluntarily give blood. It just baffles me that at one time I was so scared to do this I would have cried. I guess I'm finally growing up and wearing my big girl undies.
 |
| Selfie with Adam (co-worker/blood donating partner) lurking in the background of my selfie. |
Wednesday night I rode home with Molly and we didn't do much of anything that I can remember. We played some rounds of "Heads Up" with my iPad.
Thursday morning we went to my grandparents and had dinner. John came with Molly and Tyler's lady friend came by after we ate. We played a few rounds of "Heads Up" and then we also were put to work cutting wood. My grandpa had us do it to see how much we could get done. Well, we all took turns using the saw, but it took us FOREVER! And it was cold out. So when it came time for us to split the one piece we'd cut off the log, I was the only grandkid still outside. So I split it with the ax too. I'm pretty sure I won't be the next Paul Bunyan but if I needed to survive I could do it.
 |
| Kate and I working away on the wood for the stove. |
Thursday evening we invited Payton, Avery and Teresa over to play games. We had a good time and there were lots of laughing as we tried to hum tunes to popular songs, talk with accents and describe celebrities while playing heads up. And then of course Apples to Apples is always a blast.
Friday we did not do any Black Friday shopping. I went once 11 years ago. Never again. Mom, Molly and I went to an antique store in nearby West Union and then after that Molly, Teresa and I went to Payton and Avery's first basketball game of the season. They lost by 2 at the very end. But Avery scored her first points as a high school player and that was very exciting.
We drove back to Columbus Friday night and went to campus bright and early on Saturday for the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. Our tickets were in B Deck which ended up being great for the weather because there was no way we were getting cold, mostly because it was soooo darn crowded. I didn't stand up to cheer for fear of not having somewhere to sit when it was time to sit back down. ha. And we couldn't see the scoreboard. Or any of the stands basically. Luckily Ohio State won and all was well. Kind of.
 |
| Our view. |
 |
| A player was down so we took a selfie. That player was Barrett. |
 |
| Molly praying during the game for Ohio State to score. |
After the game was over and we had sang our school's Alma Matter, we went down to the field. I could say we 'stormed' the field, but it was a casual walk. The players had already gone into the locker room.
 |
| No idea who the guy was, I was just taking a selfie. |
 |
| I'm about over the Jon Waters stuff. Ok. I AM over it. #notgettingyourjobback |
After the game, Molly and I did some visiting with friends around campus and then I was home in bed by 9:30. I was tired!
After a lazy Sunday and a busy Monday and Tuesday evening, I decorated my tree last night. Here is a sneak peek. More photos to come when I get more than just the tree done!
 |
| Two new ornaments for 2014. Butter from Savannah, GA (Paula Deen's restaurant) and the mascot from the World Cup. |
I think we literally ad those same exact seats for the game we went to this year haha! I can't believe how much OSU charges for seats where you can't even see the field!
ReplyDelete