Tuesday, May 6, 2014

While Away During Lent

This year I did another leave of blogging, social media, and time wasting iPhone apps during Lent. I will unfortunately admit that I didn't do that great at sticking to my sacrifices. :( Some I did well, others I did not.

Because I again crammed a ton of fun and exciting things in the past month and a half, I'm just going to do one post of what I did and what I didn't do. Beware for 56 pictures, mostly selflies.

What I didn't do during Lent:
I totally failed at completing my bible study lesson for each Monday. Because of OSU's spring break, BSF's spring break and conflicts, I only attended a few BSF's during that time anyway. :( I also didn't go to church on any Sunday except Easter Sunday. I need to get better at this.

My goal was to give up social media for Lent - facebook, twitter, snapchat, instagram, blogging. I did ok with this the first half, then not so great the last few weeks. One day I just randomly found myself reading Jenny's update on Lucy, not knowing how the heck I even got to her page. So while I didn't blog or post any instagram pictures, I was lurking for a while.

What I did do during Lent:
I went on vacation! Molly and I left on a Saturday afternoon and drove to Southern Georgia. We then went to St. Pete Beach on the Gulf of Mexico, then Disney World for two days, St. Augustine Beach, Savannah, Hilton Head Island, and Charleston. We had such a good time. Everything was spur of the moment - hotels, cities, driving. We ate out only once each day since we packed food to eat for breakfast and lunch. Our only fast food experience was a McDonald's Sweet Tea run as we were leaving Hilton Head on our way home.

We waited in line for more than an hour for this picture. I am not kidding.

Cinderella.

Sleeping Beauty 

Rapunzel, who recorded the cutest video message for our nieces.

Snow White, she's never heard of Ohio.

Molly's thoughts on the day.

Katie was a great host at Magic Kingdom.

and at Hollywood Studios...

and at Epcot!

Beautiful house in Charleston.

Rainbow Row

Dinner pic in St. Pete

Dinner pic in St. Pete


"It's a small world" - my dad's favorite ride



I rode Tower of Terror!!!!! I'd totally ride it again too!

Love me some hydrangeas!

St. Augustine Beach

Savannah

Molly and her Spanish moss.

Hilton Head Island



I visited the University of Florida. I hate those Gators, but their university campus was actually quite charming and Molly and I loved the abundance of Spanish moss hanging from the trees. We may have taken some.

Holding hands with Tim Tebow! :)



Stomp the Gators!


I went to my first Columbus BlueJackets game. I've been to several OSU Hockey Games, but never a CBJ game. It was also a plus that I got to sit in the OSU suite. Former CBJ player Rick Nash was playing for the visiting team and this game was not short on fights! Woop! Woop! I love me a good brawl. The canon on the other hand, I could have done with out.

You can't tell, but there is an ice rink in the background.


I was sooo busy with work. I planned an entire banquet, coordinated our ag-olympics, went to multiple other banquets (one with a masquerade theme), welcomed new brothers into the fraternity I advise, showed cattle for the first time in 8 years and was just on the go all the time. I was too busy. I wore myself out and it showed. Most evenings I didn't get home until after 9 or 10pm, then would go to the gym to run after that. I was tired. One week I was late for work every day because I just laid in bed not wanting to get up because I knew how much stuff was on my plate. Thankfully I survived and now that school is out I have lots of time. (But this also means the students are gone and that makes me sad!)

Pano of the guys at the Pearl Ceremony.

Little sis making me proud at Ag-olympics.

These boys take competition seriously. And this year it brought them first place.
Second place!

She's graduating. :(

These girls are graduating too! :( :(



You have no idea who we are!


I turned 29! It was my last birthday before turning 30. The last one in my 20's. But I didn't really care at all! I have nothing to be sad about. I have an amazingly happy life and have no fear that the next year is going to be equally, if not better, for me. I celebrated with dinner at Marcella's and then went out with some friends at the piano bar. Per tradition, Alicia gave the pianist my name and told him it was my birthday and I had to go on stage for what seemed like 78 minutes while he sang a pretty vulgar song. I was mortified. I wanted to die. Creepy old men I didn't know were taking my picture!!!! But I smiled and soaked up the many "Happy Birthday"'s I got from the strangers all night. My favorite was the young girl who told me she felt so bad for me up on stage because she knew I was better than that song. Yes, dear, I am. ha. But it was a great night with great friends.


Big Bang!

Seesters!

Everything about this photo makes me laugh! Love these two gals!

Abra and I took a selfie during the Selfie Song.





No comments:

Post a Comment