Today is Bowie's "Got Ya" Anniversary. Two years ago we became a little family of two and I've not had a full night of sleep since and go to work everyday with cat hair covering my clothes. BUT I love her to pieces and imagine that my life was soooo boring before she became mine.
Before I became a fur mama I was that person wondering how anyone could ever get attached to a pet or why someone would upload 40 some pictures to social media of their cat laying in different positions....and now I'm that person. Not a day has gone by that Bowie hasn't done something to make me laugh or want to take a picture. Right now, as I'm typing this in bed, she's laying beside me with her little paw on my left arm, right in my elbow crease. If I was to reach for my phone without bumping her, she would move as I went to take the picture. It's like she knows what I'm doing!
Her favorite things right now are sitting in my windows when they're open and bird/people watching, randomly running at full speed from one end of my apartment to the other, and playing with her mice. She has more toys than I can count. (I have not purchased any of them!) She also likes to get into my sewing basket and knock a spool of thread on to the ground. One day I came home and my entire dining room was wrapped in aqua thread. I wish I could record what she does all day, I'm sure it would be entertaining.
Sometimes I think she's a dog trapped in the body of a cat. She is so nosey and needy. She also greets me at the back door every single time I come home. And now that my windows are open, she actually sits in my window and meow's her little heart out as soon as she sees me pull in. It's precious. Thankfully though, unless I lock her out of my bedroom at night (because she's wanting to play and I'm wanting to sleep) she doesn't 'talk' any other times.
She has the most precious routine when I get home every day - she'll be at my window, then race to meet me at the back door, then as soon as I walk in she'll run to my dining room, dramatically fall to the ground and roll over so I can rub her belly. Of course, I usually give in. Ok, I always do.
 |
| I just want to snuggle Mom. Don't go to work. |
 |
| I'm so tired I'm just going to crash right here. |
 |
| Do you have wet food for me? OMG! Let me see! Let me see it! |
 |
| oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree |
 |
| you're home! rub my belly! |
 |
| your arm looks like a good place to sit |
She got wet food for her big day and I let her have it early. I bought the can last week and she has known what it was as it sat on her little shelf of food. She has made sure to whine and cry every time I feed her, wanting the good stuff. Sorry girl. I might even give you a treat before bed tonight too. She doesn't know it yet, but she's getting a haircut this week too. A haircut as in I'm shaving her! Don't worry, I plan to video it!
She's so pretty! Loving her colors.. but I can't wait to hear how the shaving goes!
ReplyDelete