Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May Shenanigans

No big events happening the past few weeks since my Cedar Point trip, but little things, which are usually the best moments anyway, have made some great memories. 

On the nights that it's really warm, I've been sitting outside on my back "stoop" reading (on my iPad, but I've finished 4 books, so not bad) and Bowie sits at the back door and whines over and over because she isn't outside. She even tries to scratch her way thru the glass. So one night last week I put her collar on, along with one of my belts (I DO NOT have a cat harness, fyi!) and take her out with me. She was scared to death. She wouldn't move from in front of me and then we she did get the courage to walk around it was back to the door to cry to go back inside. So inside she went. She is the funniest. Her two year 'got ya' anniversary is coming up. I'll have to get her some wet food as a special treat.

She also was home for less than 24 hours by herself during Mother's Day weekend. I gave her more than enough food for the time I'd be gone, but wouldn't you know she eats her feelings and it was all gone. She must have been starving, because I came home to a package of Twinkies from my Easter basket in the middle of the living room and she had eaten half of one and completely licked the filling out of the middle. That's my girl - loving sweets! I would love to see footage of this happening.

I get that the beginning of my post makes me sound like a crazy cat lady, but hey, it is what it is. Everyone knows "that girl" and I'm happy to fill that role for my friends. :)

PLEASE let me back in.


Jill, Adam and I have started our summer lunch tour again. Last year we started at Lane and High and just worked our way south. This year we're doing High Street North of Lane, but not in any particular order, just to places we'd never been. Our first stop was Nancy's Home Cooking. I went there occassionally in college and it was always delicious. They have just one special a day and lucky for us, Thursday it was Chicken and Noodles. They were awesome! The mashed potatoes could have been better, but I'm a noodles girl and I say those were great!


Last week I posted about Zach's battle with luekemia and how anyone can sign up for the Be the Match Registry for bone morrow. I got my kit in the mail on Monday - only 3 business days after I signed up and did my cheek swabs last night. The whole thing took about 3 minutes and I dropped it in the mail today. The likelihood of being a match for Zach is very low, but I could be a match for someone else. The greater the registry, the more likely it is that people that need a donation will be able to quickly find a match. So please register at join.bethematch.org/Zach.

You could be the cure!
Seriously so simple!
 My office bulletin boards are filled with postcards from my travels or trips that students and friends have gone on over the last year-ish. A group has been studying abroad in Honduras over the past two weeks and yesterday I got a postcard from Central America. My first from Honduras, but not my first international postcard. Our students travel abroad quite often, so my international board is also loved!


On Mother's Day weekend my cousin Kate graduated from Marshall and my friend Tricia got married. That weekend I drove almost 900 miles (Columbus to Cedar Point to Piketon to Huntington, WV to Piketon to Columbus to Coshocton to Columbus to Piketon to Columbus), but it was such a great weekend! At Tricia's wedding I got to see so many friends from college that I hadn't seen in years. It was a great mini reunion and hopefully we'll do another this fall. It's been 10 years since we all lived together in Norton House. Crazy!

A very pretty wedding! It was a carnival theme and so cute.
Kate's graduation was really early in the morning! Like 9am and two hours away after I drove 5 hours to get to Piketon at 1am the night before early. But it was so great to see her get her diploma and hear her name called. She's the 4th of 5 grandchildren to graduate from college, so just one more to go in two years!

Mam's granddaughters :)

So on to the rest of May! Exciting things are coming up the rest of this summer with some awesome trips in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment