Monday, May 5, 2014

13.1

On Saturday I ran my second half marathon! The first time I did it back in February of 2013, I trained a lot more than I did this time around, but I still think I did pretty good this time too!


My time ended up being about 45 minutes faster than at Disney, but we also weren't stopping for photos with characters and I didn't wait in line for a bathroom half way through. My official time was 2:33:36, which I was pleased with. Before the race started, I really thought I would be closer to three hours, but looking back I think I could have been closer to 2 hours!

My friend Caroline came out to cheer for me and brought me two cookies! Yes, I ate cookies while running the half!
I ran with Lindsey. I do better running with people because if I am running by myself and get a little tired, I stop. But if I'm running with someone, I keep going because I don't want to disappoint. Lindsey and I ran (and walked a few times) for the first 11 miles. Around Mile 9.5 we ran into my friend Mara and then at 11 I was feeling good, so she and I kept going. I felt horrible for leaving Lindsey and really wanted to meet up with her after the race to get a photo, since we'd ran the whole thing together! But my phone died! #iphoneproblems

Overall, I felt good most of the race. I really tried to hydrate myself throughout the week and I think I did pretty good at that. I think I should have done better at hydrating myself after the race though. And by that I mean beyond just downing water right after I was done. I should have had more to drink Saturday evening and all day Sunday. But I'm drinking Gatorade like nobody's business today!

Stacie and I before and after the race!


Bowie was exhausted after I ran the half, so she and I took a nice long nap.

After the race I went to lunch with my Mom, Stacie and Derek at Katalina's in Victorian Village. It was so good. I had Nutella pancake balls and it's definitely a new 'go to' place to eat. Saturday evening Molly and John took me out for a little celebration dinner and we shared these nachos that were delicious. I had been craving them all afternoon. Then we went and celebrated with a few students who were graduating.

Sunday was Ohio State's graduation. I didn't make it to the actual graduation, but I did attend the breakfast that morning for my department and did my best not to cry in front of any of the students. There are a few girls that have become such good friends over the past year or so and I am going to be so sad to not see them on a regular basis. And to top it all off, they're moving out of state! At least I'll have new fun places to visit! Omaha, Fort Wayne and Columbia, here I come!
Going to miss this girl!

Sunday afternoon was a spontanious trip to Cincy to go to Ikea and the Reds game. Molly had never been to Ikea before. I knew she'd like it, which she did. I was hoping to get a nice tan at the Red's game, but woke up this morning looking pale as ever. Time to get the tan towels out again.

Go Reds! Go!

Go Redlegs!
Overall, it was a great weekend. My knee is still bothering me today, so I need to get that checked out. It's the pain that's been here before with my torn meniscus. :/


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I could run with you! Sorry that I wimped out at the end! I was gassed!

    ReplyDelete