Monday, October 29, 2012

Best Week

I was in Indianapolis last week for a large convention through my work. It is the largest youth convention in the world - more than 57,000 students, teachers and guests were there! That's almost as many students as Ohio State has.

During the convention I had to talk to the high school students there about going to college, what our college has to offer, etc. It was such a fun week because I got to interact with students from all over the country and I got to get to know the students in my department better, which was probably the highlight of the whole trip. I just feel like they know me better and I know them better. I'm not some old boring adult, although one of them did not realize I was as old as I am, so I take that as a plus.

I also got hit on by a high school student (still got it!). He liked my red pants!

One night we had a dance for all of the students from Ohio. You know 16 year old me sat along the side of the dance floor and never danced unless someone asked me to dance (usually a counselor or camp staff member because they felt bad that I wasn't involved) and definitely never danced in front of people to fast songs....well, I led an entire ballroom of high school kids in a 'line dance' that I made up as I went to N*Sync's "Bye Bye Bye". I didn't really realize that they even watching me until I changed my moves and they all did too! And I also "wobbled". On. The. Stage! That is probably my favorite line dance of all time! It was the best time.

My hotel was also super swanky! My room alone was two stories! And had a spiral staircase!



I went out for ice cream with the students the first night we were in town! And got my picture with this giant bear.

Ohio State's booth.

Arkansas was also there, so I got my picture with their razorback!

I really liked these boots, but I did not get them.


My signature pose at the dance.
Ohio State group at the dance.


Photo Booth at the company next to us!
 
I had to sweet talk the ladies at the Arkansas booth, but I eventually got a hog nose!

I went to my first General Session for National FFA.

And I got to visit Katy and baby Claire!! (And Gus, the prettiest cat ever!)

I wrapped up the week with a short trip to Chicago to see my sis, bro-in-law and nieces. I'm tired. I'm so glad I don't have a ton of stuff going on this week, because I definitely need the time to catch up on my rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment