About three years ago I was asked to start coordinating our family reunion - The Thompson Reunion. It's for the families of my great-grandma and her three siblings, although this year it was only my great-grandma's family that was there. :( I hate that these cousins that were once so close don't get together anymore.
For the past 15ish years, we've had our reunion at the Nipgen Church Campgrounds. Before that we always had it at Pike Lake State Park. After hearing some suggestions to move it back to Pike Lake over the past few years, I decided this was the year to make the move!
Despite a shelter house scheduling conflict, we had a great time in a picnic spot beside the empty lake. :)
Because of the scheduling conflict, I already have us booked for the 2015 reunion to be held in that spot. I'll be calling every month to confirm!
 |
| Corn on the cob is a great summer treat! |
 |
| He asked everyone to play ball. |
 |
| Great-grandma Sharon and her great-grandson. |
 |
| My mam and her sister enjoying lunch. |
 |
| A game of baseball in the field. |
 |
| Tyler enjoyed a sweet treat despite having to leave early. |
 |
| Four sisters - my mam (Bonnie), Aunt Katherine, Aunt Ann, and Aunt Sharon (holding Grayson) |
Four years ago I also started making everyone pose for a family photo at the reunion. My only wish is that we'd done this once before Grandma Primer passed away. We have smaller family photos with her and my side of the family but no recent ones with everyone in it.
 |
| 2014 Thompson Family Reunion (aka - the Primer family and Billy!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment