Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dublin Irish Festival

Last Friday night Jill and I went to the Dublin Irish Festival in a neighboring town. I had heard about this festival for years and had never been. I had even put it on my 101 Things to do in 1001 days, but didn't make it in 2011, 2012, or 2013, so when my Friday evening rolled around I suggested checking it out.

Pot O' Gold selfie

It was definitely nothing like I had expected it to be. I thought it would be a small festival in their city park, but it was HUGE! It was $10 to get in (since I'm a student) and we walked around for hours looking at crafts, jewelry and shows and still didn't see close to half of everything they had to see. 

Just one of many market tents.

There were also soooo many food tents and trucks, along with 7 stages of music and shows. We met up with Amber and Whitney and watched the Red Hot Chili Pipers, who were extremely entertaining. They were a bagpipe band that played a lot of popular songs on their bagpipes and danced and jumped and basically made me exhausted just watching them. They were awesome.  I'd definitely go watch them again.



I wasn't sure what to wear. I thought wearing green would be to obvious that I was trying to fit in, when in reality everyone was decked out in their green. I opted for a casual razorback baseball tee and shorts and was definitely underdressed. Oh well. Now I know.

It was a great evening at the Dublin Irish Festival. Now that I know it's a huge festival, the largest 3 day Irish Festival in the world, I will be heading back next year even though I'm not Irish or wear a kilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment