I'm now wrapping up week two of being sick with a head cold. It is the worst. OK, not really the worst because this is the most sickness that's ever infected my body (other than the stomach flu and strep throat), but seriously, two weeks of sniffling, coughing, and having only a raspy voice is not fun. Not to mention waking up in the middle of the night as thirsty as can be because you're mouth is completely dry because you've been sleeping with it wide open because you can't breath out of your nose. Oh the struggle, it's real folks.
And since I've not been feeling well, that made the week drag on even longer. I spent a lot of evenings on the couch, wrapped up in multiple blankets watching tv. After going most of the month of January without any TV, I had a lot to catch up on - on the three channels that I have. And now that the Olympics are on, I'll be glued to that for the next few weeks for sure!
I didn't make it to the gym until Saturday, mostly because I was lazy and changed into pajamas as soon as I got home every evening. And like I said, never left the couch because I was cold.
Friday rolled around {finally!} and that evening I went to Jill's house to watch the Olympics. My plan was to wear these new comfy leggings with my sweatshirt {to be comfortable!} but I ended up adding my American flag sweater to show my American pride. #iloveamerica #USAUSAUSA #thesecolorsdontrun #youhavetoknowthejoke
 |
| Check out the leggings. They'll be important in a few minutes. |
The opening ceremony was good. I thought it was really cool how the athletes came up from underground. There just wasn't a "wow" factor for me. I just can't believe all the money that was spent for these olympics and it's a hot mess over there right now. Gheesh!
Saturday morning I went to a brunch for Columbus bloggers. I had gotten invited a few weeks ago and knew a few other people on the list, so I decided to go too. Jenny and Holly were both there and I met a few other ladies at my table who were from hometowns near mine. One girl's dad actually works across the street from my parent's house and with my mom! Crazy!!
Many of the girls there seem to blog as a career or are definitely more "professional" bloggers than me and my little old blog here about my life. Some of the girls even passed out business cards. I included my blog address on my Christmas card this year..ha! But it was still really fun to meet these girls. Some of their blogs I had read before and others I hadn't. Three years ago I went to a random blogger "blind date" and the girls I met there are now my best friends, so who knows what will happen with these new "relationships" we formed yesterday. Plus, we met at The Explorer's Club in Columbus and it was good! So quaint and cute. Another new restaurant I'd never been too. #expandingmyfoodoptions
 |
| I was taking a picture of the room, but got a lot of Amanda. Sorry, girl! :) |
 |
| A list of everyone there. |
 |
Business cards that I got.
|
I mentioned earlier that I wore my new comfy leggings to Jill's house on Friday night. Well I also wore them on Saturday morning with a cute black flawy top and my black riding boots. Well, apparently that outfit screams "hooker" because I got asked TWICE if I "needed a ride". "Needed a ride" is code for how prostitutes get picked up. {I only know this because I googled it when I got home!} I am never wearing those leggings in public again. I can't even believe that happened to me the first time on the way in to the restaurant and then again on the way back to my car. What are the odds? Obviously good if you're wearing cheetah leggings! And who knew the South Columbus area was such a hotbed (excuse the pun) for hookers AND that so many people look for them at noon on a Saturday!!!!! #mindblown
Saturday evening was Roller SK80's: Saved by the Bell. Holly's knows people that know people that organize it, so I was excited to get invited this year. I tried to dress like Kelly Kapowski and got a floral skirt at Charlotte Russe and red Ked's like tennis shoes. It was fun. The costumes were amazing. Everyone was dressed up. My two favorites were this girl dressed like the boy from ET and the guy who looked just. exactly. like MAX from SBTB. Lots of Slaters, but I didn't see one Screech. Poor Dustin Diamond.
I skated a lot and didn't fall once. One time I even skated backwards a little bit! All that skating during my 5th grade field trip paid off!
 |
| Awesome kicks, right? |
 |
| Everyone skating. |
 |
| stole this from Holly's instagram. |
 |
| ET in the basket on the handle bars!!!! |
 |
| Solid gold made an appearance. :) |
 |
| sk8's. |
 |
| Too kool for skool. |
 |
| Kelly Kapowski (with 2014 poofed hair cause i got hot!) |
Today was spent at home. I was so productive and did no less than 13 loads of laundry. All my clothes are clean (and put away!) and I've washed every blanket, sheet, comforter and pillow in this apartment. I even mopped AND cooked dinner. The only thing I didn't do is vacuum and do the dishes. There's always tomorrow.
 |
| She was a snuggler. I think she doesn't feel good. or just likes having me home for an entire day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment