Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Our State Fair is the Best State Fair...

...don't miss it, don't even be late!

Ok - name that tune.....

It's the state fair song from Oklahoma. Although, I know they were talking about the Ohio State Fair and not Oklahoma. Or not. I've never been to the Oklahoma State Fair, but I hear it and Texas both have pretty nice state fairs. Maybe someday I'll visit those fairs.

Anyway, thanks to my job I get to spend a lot of time at the Ohio State Fair. I love it. I love getting out of the office for one thing (just for a change of scenery), but I also like being at the fair because so many people are there and I get to see lots of friends at one time. I basically just love fairs in general! I eat, sleep, and breath them during the summer. Just don't take deep breaths if you're there on the truck/tractor pull night. Or a night of demo derby (b.o.). :)

At the 2013 OSF I worked for my job, volunteered for another job, and worked a side job one night as a carney. I made lemonade shake ups all night. 8 hours. I'm now a pro.

with Patriot - the Columbus Zoo's mascot.

One of our students taught fair goers how to milk cows all day every day. 

I got to go to the breakfast where they inducted peeps into the Ohio Ag Hall of Fame.

I saw these piglets be born! Like born into the world. It was a amazing.
Abe Lincoln and General Custard (?) came back from the past for our fair!

Also saw these yayhoos carrying out this giant chair. Where are you going to put that? Really?

Fireworks!!

I checked on the bigs literally every day. No joke. They are too precious.

smokey used to seem so big. He did not remember my name.

molly and her pork express cart

The state fair was lots of fun. I got to see many of my old friends from my days in college and I also ran into many of the current students that I work with and hadn't seen all summer. It made me excited for school to start back up again - which has now started already and is one of the reasons I'm a month behind on posts!

I didn't do anything new at the OSF this year, other than try different kind of pork every time I ate from Molly's pork stand. No 'muddy pigs' or deep fried oreos. Maybe at another fair this summer.

Speaking of county fairs, I hit up a new one this year - Shelby County. Molly and I went to watch her boyfriends pigs at his home county fair. We've also made it to Pickaway, Franklin, Hartford Independent and I think that's it for me. She's been to a ton of others with friends and without me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment