Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bahama Cruise - Day 3 & 4

So I'm finally going to share Day 3 and 4 of my cruise. I'm so busy these days I don't have time to just sit and blog like I used to. But still want to keep everything recorded for my grandchildren in 70 years.


On to Day 3 and 4.

We were porting at Nassau on Day 3. I was excited about this - going to a foreign country (even though technically the island we were on Saturday was part of the Bahamas too), seeing Atlantis, going parasailing.

We had an early rise and shine because our parasailing reservations were for 9 and we had to be outside at 8:30am ready to go. No sleeping in on this trip. And this is after the late night White Out party the night before. While we were eating breakfast the most monstorous cruise ship pulls in next to us at the port. I thought our ship was big - nope. It was just a baby. FYI, we were parked by the Oasis of the Seas, which is really similar to the one Jenny went on in the spring. Ginormous that thing is!

 
With our pretty flowers.
After we get outside we're told that our parasailing is actually cancelled because the boat is broken. OK? So we get a refund and decide to go ahead and explore the island and see if we can find some place else to parasail. We do. It's a little shady and somewhat sketchy, but we survived so it's ok.

Bahamas

Our captain setting up our parasail.
I'm going to have to do a seperate post on our actual parasailing adventure because right now a lot of  those pictures aren't on this computer (on a disposable camera I haven't developed yet) and there are a lot of them.

boating in the carribean!
public nassau beach in the background.....never go there.

i'm basically a pro at this.

high above the seas.

After we were done para sailing, we walked around Atlantis for a while. It's a very pretty resort. But I didn't think there was a lot to walk around and see if you hadn't paid to do all of the extra. And it was completely night and day from the resort area to the down area. I don't really ever care to go back to Nassau again. In fact, if I ever went on another cruise and we ported at Nassau, I would go swimming with dolphins, eat at Senor Frogs and then get back on the boat. It kind of grossed me out. Very touristy and dirty.

Glass art inside Atlantis.

Statue in Atlantis.

Inflatable park outside Atlantis.

The best photo we could get from the free area.

Me with the tower in the background. Ignore the fact that I look 5 months pregnant.

I played roulette. First time ever. Lost $20. Fantastic.

Jill on our sketch taxi ride from one part of the island to the other.

Lunch at senor frogs was good!


We walked around in the straw market. It was really hot and the people we really pushy.

I considered getting this. Not really.

This is their national capital building. It's decorated because it was their 40th year of being their own country.

Some of the 700 islands that make up the Bahamas.

My first foreign country.

bermuda, bahama....c'mon pretty mama.

the back of our ship. we had dinner one night right above the "sky"

As we were leaving the island that night.


The water is just so clear and so beautiful.

Our fancy dress up night.
After dinner we walked around a little bit, had some photos taken by the only hot guy on the whole ship, caught the end of the ship's american idol and then went to a comedy show. It was the same comedian that was there the first night, but I thought he was so much better the first night. This was an 'adult only' show and I just didn't find the adult humor that funny.
Comedy show.
After the comedy show we decided to get snacks and go to the front of the ship and sit as we cruised in the dark. Well, there are no decks that are dark on top. Probably cause they don't want people to jump off. ha.
Our choice of midnight snacks - amy has an apple, i have six cookies. :)
So after we can't sit at the front of the ship, we go back to our room and set on our balcony....our wonderful balcony. It was awesome. I put my comforter on the floor and we sat out there. It was so quiet and dark. We could just see the stars. I really wanted to sleep out there. It was just so peaceful listening to the waves. We even saw a shooting star! Now THAT was amazing.

laying on the balcony, listening to the waves and looking at the stars.

When we woke up on Monday morning, we were back in Miami. Booo. I was so sad to see that city. We had to depart pretty early and the lines to do that took forever. We had to go through customs once we got back to the port, but I did not get a stamp in my passport. :(


Back in Miami. Looking really tired.



Where the Miami Heat play. #istillloveyoulebron
The everglades.

Where the Dolphins play.


thanks ladies for an amazing vacation.






1 comment:

  1. Love all your photos from the cruise! I agree with you about Nassau, the only nice part was Atlantis but everything was so expensive. We did a dolphin excursion there but we still weren't allowed in all the parts of the resort. That place was huge!

    P.S. I made your corn dip last night, sooo good!

    ReplyDelete