I blogged about traveling there and the race expo in May, then about the actual Disney Princess Half Marathon in June and now about my post-race celebration at Magic Kingdom. I still have the beach to cover, so you might get that before Christmas! :)
After Erica and I were done with our running, we raced back to our hotel to shower and get ready to go to Magic Kingdom for the day.
My one beef with Disney is that we had to be out of our hotel room by 11am the morning of the race and if we would have been 20 minutes slower in running, or stopped for a picture with a character at some point, we wouldn't have made it back to the hotel in time. We asked for a late checkout, but we were not granted it. Not cool Disney. Not cool.
But we managed and were able to shower, pack and get ready in a mater of 20 minutes. David was shocked at how quickly we were ready. I mean, I'm the girl that used to get up 15 minutes before she had to be at school in high school. I don't take a long time if I don't have to.
I had been to Magic Kingdom once when I was 12, so I was extremely excited to be there again. Also, as a young child, I was pretty scared of all rides so we only rode "It's a Small World" 493 times. No joke. So it was my goal to ride everything there and experience everything. And I did.
| Headed to Magic Kingdom. |
The first ride we did was Pirates of the Carribean. This was the first ride I did in 1997 that made me 'sick', so I rode it and it was awesome. Just a slow ride through pirate territory. And the one little dip was not that big of a deal at all.
Next up was Big Thunder Mountain. It was my first 'rollercoaster' even though now after being to Cedar Point, this wasn't a real rollercoaster. I was super excited and screamed like a girl and it was so much fun. We also did Space Mountain, which is all indoor and in the dark! I wanted to ride Splash Mountain but it was closed for repairs. :(
![]() |
| Getting seated on my first 'roller coaster'. |
I also rode Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel, and any other ride I felt like riding!
| Didn't even get dizzy on this ride. |
| Haunted Mansion. such great memories of Tyler in a scared little ball on this ride. |
| Rode it! |
![]() |
| Check out our photo on the ride. I didn't know when they were going to take the photo. |
![]() |
| Zoom in on me please!! :) |
Being at Disney World is so magical because it's the Happiest Place on Earth! Really, it is. The staff and workers are sooo nice to you, no matter if they are a character, photographer or the person changing out the trash cans. They're just nice!
| With Mickey and Minnie |
![]() |
| we survived! |
![]() |
| 13.1 miles of running and probably another 14 of walking that day. |
I've decided I'll never take kids there that can't walk, because strollers seem like they would be a nightmare. There are so many of them parked everywhere and they are just in the way.
Also, if you ever take kids to Disney World, go to the parks in the morning, GO HOME IN THE AFTERNOON FOR A NAP, then come back to the parks in the evening. Around 3-4pm it was nothing but whining, crying, cranky kids and grouchy parents. But the staff was still nice! :)
I had so much fun at Magic Kingdom. I couldn't have asked for a better day with my best friend
(and her husband)!
![]() |
| love this girl. |
| love them both. |






Love your pictures when your medals! :) I agree that it would be SO HARD to take a stroller to Disney. J and I talked about that when we were there a lot last time. But I really want H to go when she's 4 or 5 (aka before baby #2 possibly) so a stroller might be necessary at times. However it makes me crazy to think about all the pushy parents out there with their strollers! Makes me miss Disney...
ReplyDeleteIt was fun fun fun! Love you!
ReplyDelete