Monday, October 3, 2016

Homecoming Weekend

I'm way behind on life updates, but rather than get further behind, I'm just going to update on this most recent weekend, then I'll try to backtrack a little and get other summer updates posted.

This past weekend was homecoming at both Ohio State and Piketon. For laughs, here is a picture of me at my high school senior homecoming in 2002.

I'm in the front on the left. 

Every year the fraternity I advise builds a float for the OSU homecoming parade. They get so into it and I love it! It's like the worlds largest craft project. Some of the boys who are engineers work to get all of the mechanics down - how is it going to move, etc., while other boys help pomp, design signs, film, etc. They put hours and hours and hours into the float. I pop in for a few hours each evening to help pomp, paint signs, and provide encouragement and support. And leave around 10pm while they all stay there till the wee hours of the morning. #noti

pomping the wheels of the cannon.

pomping the actual cannon.

i painted the shield for the side banners.

Ellen and I (the house director and the advisor.....aka Women of FarmHouse) before we called it a night.

Some the boys and our king candidate.
They were interviewed by NBC 4 on the live news.

Brutus kicked the Rutgers cannon and then it "fell apart."

They ended up placing second to the College of Dentistry. They did a great job and put so much work into it! We just need to start gathering ideas for next year!

Saturday morning I helped clean up the alumni fall fest and then headed home to Piketon for the evening. I visited with Mam and Papaw a few minutes, then headed home to take pictures before Piketon's homecoming dance. Some of the dresses were pretty, but some where not. Some girls had pretty make up, while others did not. Some guys were dressed really fancy, while others were not. Ha. It was all over the board. After pictures I went to Bob Evans and had dinner with Payton and Shanon, so I was caught up on things going on at Morehead for Payton.



Sunday I got up really early and headed to Ripley to meet up with Cara. She gave me a tour of her farm and I played with the kittens, then we headed to downtown Cincy to watch The Sound of Music. It was so good! The girl that played Maria talked weird, kind of like the way Kate McKinnon sometimes talks on SNL. Anyway, it was great and I was singing "the Hills are alive with the sound of music...." all evening until I met up with some friends and went to a Jake Owen concert. :)

The Hills are alive......with the sound of music.....ahhhhh haaaaa ahhh.


Jake was playing at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium at the Brighter Days Foundation fundraiser. Jason and Ellie Day were there, along with Colt Ford, Justin Moore, Jake (obviously). I saw Brian Hardline and some other NFL players that I couldn't place. There was a guy from The Office there, along with Elaine's boss from Seinfeld. I thought Cole Swindell was going to be there, but he was not. :(

Jake played for about an hour - he played some good ones, but not all of my favorites like "American Country Love Song," "Alone with You," and "Eight Second Ride". But I have no complaints about watching him sing for an hour! :) Colt Ford and Justin Moore performed a few songs with him too. (PS - I had no idea who Colt Ford was prior to this event!)





And while I didn't get to meet Jake, Thom did give us a ride to our cars and I got to sit in the seat where Jake had sat a few hours before me, so there's that! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment