Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Molly's Home...A cause for celebration

Thanks to a hurricane, Molly was able to visit Ohio for a few days and I was ecstatic to have her home. She was going to come home for a wedding, then she couldn't get off work, then the hurricane shut down her city and she had to evacuate. Talk about good timing for her to need to leave SC.

I think I was a little excited when she called to tell me!

She and Lauren got to my place around 12:30am after driving 9 straight hours from SC. We had a little slumber party and Thursday morning we headed home. Molly, Tyler and I went to Emma's for a footlong hotdog and a milkshake in the Jeep. It was the first time we'd been together since August, and other than that one evening at the Ross County Fair, we hadn't been together since April!

It was hard to be at work on Friday knowing that my little sibs were hanging out back home without me. That morning when I got a sweet tea I thought about getting one for my friend Caitlyn that is a graduate student here in my department, but I just wasn't sure of her schedule these days. I occasionally treated her to a sweet tea over the summer when she was a FTE. Well that afternoon she walked into my office with a McDonald's Sweet Tea! That girl is the sweetest.




Friday evening I went back to Piketon and Moly and I went to the football game. It was All Cheerleaders' Night and Piketon won! Yay. We got to watch Avery cheer and then left shortly after halftime. It wasn't that exciting of a game. 

Post high school football game, we did what any normal adults do, we laid on the couch and filmed snapchat videos with ridiculous filters. 

Oh my deer.....
Saturday we traveled north for the wedding of our friend Jake. He and Molly were buds during their undergraduate days and I advised him in both student council and the fraternity. He was actually very influential in getting me to advise the fraternity. I was really glad that Molly was home to go to this wedding with me because the week before I had a bit of a pouting fit about not wanting to go because I didn't have a date. Thankfully it worked out wonderfully because Molly and I went together, we danced all night, and had a great time. There were a few awkward moments but for the most part, it was fun!

The best date.

How are the three of us single?

Photobombs.

Molly and her bud Ben. They claim to hate each other.
Sunday morning we got up pretty early and headed back to Columbus. Lauren picked Molly up and just like that she was gone and back to SC.

Luckily, event though parts of SC were damaged and flooded, her apartment was just fine. The pictures she sent us from around town showed damage and flooding debris, but she was safe!

That Sunday afternoon I drove home and visited Papaw in his new temporary crib, as he's doing a cardio rehab bootcamp. He's spent most of the summer just laying around and not moving, so it caused his leg muscles to weaken and a little fluid to build up again. We watched the Browns lose (no surprise!) and chatted about his favorite politician, Donald Trump (100% sarcasm). I also had to deliver Bowie to my parents because a few days later I headed for Honduras!! More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment