Each year when I decorate my Christmas tree I'm able to reflect on all of the wonderful things I have been blessed with in the past because of my collection of Christmas ornaments. About 5 years ago, I started collecting ornaments if I travelled somewhere or if something happened in my life that I wanted to note.
This year, I was able to add a handful of ornaments to the tree from places that I went while I was traveling. I know I'm missing some, so I am just going to have to keep an eye out for them and add them to my tree next year. I also 'stash' them somewhere and then forget where I put them!!
I spent New Years Eve and New Years Day on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana, so I of coursed picked that to be my NOLA ornament. We had such a good time. On that trip!
On our way home from NOLA we stopped in Nashville and visited the Belle Meade Plantation.
And my Buckeyes won the National Championship over the Oregon Ducks, so I have an ornament for that too!
In March, Molly and I took a long weekend trip to South Carolina to visit Lauren in Columbia and went to Charleston. We visited Boone Hall Plantation, which is where the Notebook was filmed and has the lovely Oak trees lining the driveway.
In early May, Molly and I took a spur of the moment trip to Niagara Falls and Canada. So commemorate the trip I got this cute ornament at the official Niagara Falls gift shop and also one to represent my first trip to Canada.
In June, Jill, Amy and I went to Myrtle Beach for a little girls trip and I got this crab ornament. It ended up being the theme of our week because we kept seeing these little crabs on the beach and we had a hay day in the "Crabby Jill's" store at Broadway at the Beach.
In August I rode in Pelotonia, so I got an ornament for me and Stacie and personalized it for our event.
I slacked on some events at the end of the year and still need to order an ornament to represent these life events:
Trip to Texas A&M in June
Trip to Savannah with the family in July
Trip to DC for work in August
Weekend trip to Lima for Blairfest
Trip to Louisville in October
Some of my past ornament additions:
2014 (apparently I didn't blog about new ones last year)
2013
2012
No comments:
Post a Comment