It was about 5 years ago that I met some of my greatest girlfriends.
It was a 'blogger meet-up' at Easton Town Center that I had been invited to by Brittany (who I'd also met through blogging). She and I had met once before this outing, but I had no idea who any of the other girls were when I showed up at Cheesecake Factory, but I can't imagine my life without them.
I have ran half-marathons with these girls, attended their baby showers, and even visited them in the hospital the day their baby was born.
We've gone camping, to concerts and had drinks around a campfire or pool.
I've hosted them for Christmas parties, and we've gone to hockey and baseball games and movie sneak previews.
We've gone to funerals for each others loved ones, they've seen me ugly cry over breakups, and we've shared Thanksgiving dinner and craft nights together.
I've babysat their kids, and their dogs, their cats, and their houses while they were on vacation. We've done cross-fit workouts at each other's houses or Columbus Commons, so they know I'm weak.
We've watched high school football games in the rain, college football games in person and on TV, tailgated in summer's heat and winter's cold, and cheered for the teams each other have coached.
We group text about the Bachelor(ette) (and more) and I have stalked a celebrity with more than one of them (Justin Bieber, Cole Swindell, Crew players, The Bachelor contestants, etc.).
We've never gone to the same restaurant more than once in 5 years. (Food is involved in most of our get togethers.) And I've sunk into my chair more than once while playing Cards Against Humanity with them. (I'm embarrass easily.)
They're on my Christmas card list and some of my best friends. I'm so glad we first met 5 years ago. :)
And because I'm feeling a little sentimental, here are some of the outings of us since 2010. Thanks for being my group. Love you ladies.
2010: First meeting - I still hang out with four of these girls regularly.
 |
| LtoR: Holly, Stephanie, Brittany, Jenny, Lindsay, Shannon, Lindsay, Molly (I think), and Me |
The following year we had another meet up. In between the two we kept in touch on social media, but after the get together in 2011 we started hanging a lot more. New friends came into the picture then. Some I see more than others because of family obligations and schedules.
I never had a big group of girlfriends that I felt comfortable with, and even though I can be awkward and they're way more stylish than me, I can't imagine life without them.
2012: Second-ish meeting
 |
| Brittany, Me, Jenny, Lindsay (new in '11), ??, Alicia (new in '11), ??, ??, Shannon, Lindsay, ?? |
And because I'm being a little sentimental on this friendship anniversary-ish, here are a bunch of pictures of us all together! :)
2012
 |
| Clippers game with Brittany |
 |
| Girls Weekend in Chicago with Brittany |
 |
| Tailgating with Brittany |
2013:
 |
| Alicia's 27th Birthday |
 |
| With Jenny at Alicia's 27th birthday celebration. |
 |
| Cheering on Holly's cheerleaders at a competition with Alicia |
 |
| Restaurant Week at Matt the Millers |
 |
| My 28th Birthday at Big Bang with Alicia |
 |
| Surprise Baby Shower for Shannon, Brittany and Jenny |
 |
| Jenny and I at the baby shower |
 |
| Amber's "going away party" when she was only moving to Lima, Ohio. |
 |
| Wedding venue open house with Alicia and Holly |
2014
 |
| Roller Sk80's |
 |
| Bridesmaids themed photo |
 |
| Loving Shawn's denim outfit. |
 |
| Columbus Clippers game. |
 |
| Crawl for Cancer on Park Street |
 |
| Crawl for Cancer on Park Street |
 |
| Cole Swindell concert with Lindsay |
 |
| Toby Keith Concert with Alicia |
 |
| Toby Keith concert/camping weekend |
 |
| Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line concert with Alica |
 |
| Craft night at Holly's. |
2015
 |
| Random concert at Newport with Alicia |
 |
| Roller Sk80's |
 |
| We were all cheerleaders. |
 |
| Another Restaurant Week outing. |
 |
Love our Buckeyes
|
 |
| Sam Hunt concert at Allen County Fair. |
 |
| Camping weekend over. :( |
 |
| Tailgating for the Penn State game. |
I love this! It's so funny how blogging brought y'all together. I am a little bit jealous because I have not had a big group of girlfriends since college. Maybe I need to start a blog! ;)
ReplyDelete