Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Late Fall and Stuff

It seems like football season started just a few days ago, and here we are the week between Christmas and New Years Day. Crazy.

Back in November I attended the first wedding of former students. Blake and Brent were married in Columus and I was able to go to the reception that evening and a lovely country club in Powell. The reception was very nice and very classy! It was a formal reception and everyone was dressed to impress! Blake and Brent were both students in my department and Brent was an officer in the fraternity I advised. They dated all through college and are now living in Atlanta! While I didn't get a picture with them...whoops!...I did get a picture with Caroline who came into town for the wedding! 

Me and Caroline
The following weekend was my friend Jill's wedding. All my pictures from that weekend are on my Canon camera that I have yet to upload to a computer, so I'll do a whole post of pics from that sometime in the near future.

BSF is still going well on Monday nights. I have totally gelled with the group like I did last year, but I also keep looking back at my wonderful group from last year and realize that at this time last year was when we were all starting to know each other better. That group from last year is so wonderful, and a small group of us that also did a bible study this summer got together for a little fellowship before the holidays. And baby Cora came too!!

BRB....gonna go steal this baby!
Thanksgiving was spent back in Pike County. Molly and I ran in the Larry Cox Memorial Turkey Trot in Chillicothe. It was a little cold that morning, but once we got running it warmed up quickly. I didn't finish with a good time by any means, but I ran a race at 8am on Thanksgiving Day, I think that is good enough for now.

Post race selfie
One of my goals for 2015 was to cut back on after school activities so I have time to just be at home and not running all over the place. I have been doing better at that, but now I need to get better at being productive when I get home and not just sitting in front of the TV all night! I don't have cable, so my options are limited to what I can watch, but dang that sun for going down at 5pm because once it gets dark  and it's cold, I just want to snuggle under a blanket and not move!

So instead, I end up doing this for 4 hours each night:

Yes, this night I ate dry cereal for dinner. Do not judge me.

Usually I have this on my lap. Especially if I have a book or computer that takes my attention away from her.
 I'm going to add productive things to my schedule for my evenings in 2016. I have two baby quilts to finish and another two to start! I must get those done this winter. Sewing party at my house anyone?

A few weeks ago I went to the Ohio State basketball game with Abra. She got tickets through work and we went on to cheer the Bucks to a victory over Air Force. Our seats were for waaaay up at the top, but since it was a non-conference, early season game, the place was empty! So after halftime I moved us down a 'few' rows. 

Our original seats were just below that Big Lots sign. 

Friends for 12 years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment