I had a three day weekend since my work observed Martin Luther King Jr Day on Monday. A three day weekend after being back to school for a week was welcomed!
Friday evening I went to see Gone Girl! Finally! I had read the book back in the Spring before I knew it was going to be a movie and marked October 4 on my calendar to go see it the night it was released into theaters. Well, wouldn't you know, here it is almost 4 months after it was released and I just saw it. It was actually released to stores the same day I saw it at the 'dollar theater'.
It was such a good movie. It was very close to the book. There is only one park I remember being a little different, but since I read the book so long ago, I'm not even sure if what I remember happening in the book, actually happened.
And then I caught up on some Dateline when I got home from the movie. And fell asleep on my couch. That's been a real problem lately!
Saturday day I babysat for two cuties. They're getting ready to become big sisters any day now, so while Mom and Dad had one last date, we had a 'picnic' (on my dining room table, so basically a normal lunch) and baked cookies.
| Bowie was not sure of this little person who kept yelling "kitty cat" and chasing after her. |
| I may have taught them to take selfies back during the fair. Whoops. |
| My mom got them aprons for christmas a while back, so they brought them to wear. |
| Someone just liked to eat the icing right from the spoon. :) |
| While someone else liked to use a lot of sprinkles in decorating! |
The girls were at my house for around 4 hours. Before they left the older one said she didn't want to go. I guess they had a good time! I was also not supposed to show the above pictures to their parents because they 'want to come back and bake again.'
It wasn't all joys, they also told me I needed to go to their mamaw's house and take baking lessons because she makes the icing with ingredients. Or basically, I bought a can of icing and that did not work. BUT Mamaw doesn't let them eat a cookie and lick the icing spoon! So I got that on her...
Saturday night I went to the Miranda Lambert concert with Molly and a few friends. It was a last minute plan, but ended up being a lot of fun. We had a good view of the stage and great company too. Justin Moore opened for her and RaeLynn (whoever that is) opened for Justin. I ran into a lot of people from Piketon, but no one that I knew from Columbus.
| Our view. |
| With Molly Beth post concert. |
On Sunday, Mom came to town and we went out to dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse for Molly's birthday and then to the mall. We also had ice cream cake! Yum. Then later that night I went to visit my college roommate who was in town for a nieces birthday. We watched the Patriots/Colts game with her family and I got some baby snuggles in because there were plenty of little ones there to snuggle with! :)
On Monday, Molly and I continued her birthday celebrations and went skiing. We have been talking about doing this for years and we finally just did it. I love skiing. I wish I had my own pair of skis so I could go more often. I also wish we lived closer to a bigger resort because I felt like we spent more time waiting on the lift than we did actually skiing. Maybe another time we can go somewhere else bigger.
Our first run was a little shakey, but after that, we were pros. I did a large ramp like thing (didn't jump or actually ramp, just went over it) and we both went down a black diamond...well, an Ohio black diamond. So my skills came back pretty quickly.
| Lindsey Vonn |
| Lindsey Vonn and Picaboo Street |
No comments:
Post a Comment