Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2014 Goals: How I Did

I made my resolutions for 2015, but forgot to go over what I completed from my 2014 goals.

Things that are definite on the calendar for 2014:
  • Visiting DC in early January for a late Christmas with the nieces. I visited DC and spent a weekend with the girls. We didn't get to go to the Children's Science Museum because it rained and iced, but we had a good time. 
  • Long weekend trip to Florida to visit Erica. I did go to Florida. Even went to Tampa where she lives! BUT she was in Ohio while I was there. 
  • Spending the 4th of July in Washington DC on the mall! Spent the holiday in our nation's capital and had a great time. Fireworks on the lawn are a definite must for everyone.

Things I want to do during 2014:
  • Go skiing. Well this didn't happen again in 2014. Maybe 2015 will be the year.
  • Run at least 8 5K's this year (one more than 2013), the Big 10K in Chicago, and possibly run another half marathon. I did run another half marathon, but I only did three 5K's. 
  • Chaperone the PHS trip to Washington DC in June with Molly. They didn't go. 
  • Get a new stamp in my passport. Didn't leave the USA. 
  • Chaperone the study abroad trip to Honduras in May. Didn't go on this either. 
  • Go ziplining at Hocking Hills or the Wilds. Didn't do this either. 
  • Pay off my student loans before 2015. I'm down to $900!
  • Take the GRE. Apply to the HESA graduate program in December. I did both of these!
  • Cook more instead of eating out/plan out weekly meals. I still ate out a lot. Trying again in  2015. 
  • Pack my lunch at least 4 days a week. I did good at this sometimes. 
  • Go to the gym BEFORE work at least 4 days a week. I didn't do this. 
  • Never drive with my gas light on. Definitely didn't do this. Even ran out of gas once and had to have AAA come bail me out.
  • Have at least one "me night" per week. Did much better at this.
  • Go to church every Sunday. I did much better at this too and went fairly often. 
  • Spend more time volunteering and giving to others. I did this more often, especially at Colony Cats for my class project, but still need to do it on a regular basis.
  • Get my Bible study lesson done each week before class on Monday. There were very few weeks when I didn't have it done. 
  • Continue to work on me - doing things out of my comfort zone, speaking up when I feel the need to, basically have no regrets about not doing something. And continue to trust God that he has a plan for me and I shouldn't be worried. :) I did this some, then maybe forgot for a while, then remembered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment