Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Baby, Rest and Fun

My week was pretty slow last week, which I was thankful for.

Tuesday I had fraternity dinner and meeting after work. Since it was an 'off' night, Tuesday instead of Monday, attendance was low for dinner, but still nice. They served ribs and we spent dinner talking about Disney World. If you ever wonder what is discussed at fraternity dinners, I'm guessing Disney World would not be your pick, but that's what we talked about. Many of the guys had been there before. Some hadn't. Some never want to go there. But it was still fun. The meeting was great and I'm super excited for the next calendar year and to see all the big things they're going to do. I watched the end of the State of the Union address when I got home, but then fell asleep on my couch. It's a horrible habit I've picked back up these days.

Kayla brought this Georgetown Cupcake to me from DC! Yum!
Wednesday I didn't do anything after work. Literally. I read. I watched Chicago PD and again, probably fell asleep on the couch. I didn't have plans to do anything on Thursday night either, but then little Miss Millie was born early Thursday morning, so Molly and I made a trip to the hospital to see this beautiful baby and her lovely mama (and Corey, too!). I have no pictures of Jess, but I hope if I ever have kids that I look as good as she does 12 hours post delivery.

Little baby Millie.
Millie was born on the birthday of my friend Erin's grandma, who passed away 10 years ago. Her name was also Millie. So it was a nice coincidence provided by God that made us all smile.

Friday night I caught up with a few college friends for happy hour and then visited with one of my bosses from my last job over dinner. I was in bed by 9:15pm. Actually in my bed, too. I slept for about 12 hours. It was glorious!

On Saturday morning Molly, Kayla and I went to Ohio Stadium to celebrate the Buckeyes' National Championship. It was cold, but it wasn't that cold. I wore my new Kenneth Cole black puffy coat that I got at the blue Macy's store closing sale! Love that coat! (I also love that Macy's and am SO SAD it's closing.) The celebration was fun.

I love this graphic from before the ceremony. And then while Zeke was up there!

I tried to do the Sam Ponder/Erin Andrews high ponytail. No, not happening.

Here comes the team.

Our selfie with Zeke.


Saturday afternoon I was so productive. I did tons and tons of laundry. Basically washed everything in my apartment - dirty clothes, sheets, blankets. And then I folded it and put it all away! haha. Later that evening I was invited to go skiing at Mad River Mountain and after turning down the offer a few times, I decided to go. And I'm so glad I did because it was so much fun. I was really feeling it though on Sunday and Monday. For the most part I did good skiing, probably had the least falls in the group, but I had a few wipeouts when I went over some ramps, including one really embarrassing one in the terrain park. And then one when I was just skiing on flat ground to get to the car. I have no idea how that happened. And because my iPhone does this great thing where it shuts off when it's cold, I have no pictures from that evening.

I've gone skiing twice in the past week. More than the last 6 years combined! And I just love it! I wish it wasn't so expensive and I wish Ohio had bigger resorts so it didn't only take you two minutes to get down the hill.  Buying skis might be next on my list of 'items to save for'. So we shall see. 

Snoozing with my girl.


Sunday Molly and I went home for the day to visit the family. Dad has been cooking something new in the crockpot every Sunday and this week it was meatloaf. It was so good! I used to hate meatloaf, but now I love it! Although, I do think it's one of those meals you make for a lot of people to eat and I'm just one person and would be eating it for weeks. We also visited with Payton and Avery for a few hours about prom dresses and ACL surgeries and got caught up on the latest high school gossip. Then we went to hang out with Mam, Papaw, and Uncle Randy for a few hours. I love visiting them because we giggle and laugh so much. Most of the time I'm laughing because Mam will start laughing so hard she'll be crying. I'm so blessed that I can visit with them and we have such a good time at their house. I need to start doing it more often. In college I talked to Mam on the phone almost every single day. I had a lot of down time in between classes then. Now I talk to her about once a week. I don't want to call too late, which is usually when I get home from work.

Monday I woke up to lots of snow. And very sore muscles from skiing and the insanity workout I did over the weekend. Thank goodness I had a chiropractors appointment on the calendar for Monday morning!

And also, I found out one of my good friends is expecting a baby! I wish she'd update her blog a little more often now so I can stay up to date on what's going on! :)

Got a new postcard for my board at work!


No comments:

Post a Comment