Back in late June, my junior league committee hosted the 10th Kelton House Gala. We exceeded all of our fundraising goals and had a grand old time at the actual event, despite the rain. The goal of the event was to raise funds for the
Kelton House Museum, a historic home in downtown Columbus that the League runs. It's quite interesting, so you should visit for a tour sometime. They also have a lovely garden, perfect for a wedding if you're planning one.
 |
| The committee...at the end of the evening. :) |
 |
| Favorite junior league friend |
 |
| Group selfie |
All of the food was donated by businesses around Columbus. Sadie Baby Sweets donated these cake pops and they were awesome! Seriously, so delicious.
One of our sustainer members is from Louisiana and she and her sister were so kind to share lots of festive decorations.
 |
| Authentic NOLA decorations. |
 |
| I loved these little band members. |
 |
| I think I may need to go to Mardi Gras now. |
She also made this gift basket for our silent auction of authentic food from Louisiana. It was so amazing and a big hit with bidders.
 |
| She's too cute. |
 |
| My dear friend Jimmy was at the silent auction in spirit and in writing. |
We had such a lovely day for set up, then an hour before the event started in poured rain, so we had to adjust and move a lot of stuff inside. Luckily, everyone was happy and didn't have a problem with being a little more crowded than what you'd like.
Cara won some great gifts in the silent auction. I'm looking forward to her visiting and baking something with her cookbooks from other leagues around the country.
This was my last Junior League event. The past two years have been so busy for me that I've decided I need to step away from something and decided this was the thing that I was least passionate about. Maybe in the future it will be something I want to rejoin, we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment