This past weekend I went to Washington DC to visit my sister, B-I-L, and nieces. Since they weren't able to come to Ohio for Christmas, I took Christmas to them. So to speak. ha.
I stayed in town Friday night to watch the Orange Bowl, but unfortunately, Ohio State lost to Clemson. #wah :( I gathered a group of friends to watch the game at Buffalo Wild Wings and Molly and I both showed up in our new scarves (gifts from Heather) and Ohio State headbands (my gift to Molly and myself).
 |
| Twin Seesters. |
Saturday morning I got up way earlier than I have in months and flew to DC. My flight left at 7:10 and I was there at 5:45. Needless to say, I was one of the first to arrive at my gate. I enjoyed a Starbucks hot chocolate while I did my Bible Study lesson and people watched.
 |
| Not a fan of Starbucks, but it helped keep me awake and warm. |
My plane was pretty empty, so I had the row of seats to myself. I read a few chapters of Trista Sutter's new book and enjoyed some gorgeous sunrise views. I even spotted the ski resorts I've been to in WV. And coming into Reagan, I got to see Arlington National Cemetery from the air. All of the white headstones lined up is amazing. Sad, but amazing.
 |
| A little reading on the plane. |
 |
| Taking off. |
 |
| Flying into the sun. :) |
 |
| Canaan Valley in West Virginia. I've been to that ski resort in the middle of the picture. |
 |
| Arlington from above. |
 |
| We landed 20 minutes earlier than planned. So we waited on the plane. |
Spending the weekend with the girls was so much fun. I haven't seen them since August and they have both changed so much since then. Em is in kindergarten now and Charley is just so funny. Em reminds me of myself and Charley of Molly. One is quiet and reserved, the other is the family entertainment.
We played legos, watch a few TV shows (Emery can operate the Netflix remote better than me), created cupcake stickers, and had a sleep over. There were soccer games, slides down the stairs, 'snowball' fights, we played cats, looked at pictures of cats, looked at all the pictures on my phone, played Barbies, read books, and just had a great two days. They're coming to visit Ohio soon and I'm excited to see them again.
 |
| Charley was being a cat. |
 |
| Bowie hangs on the fridge in DC. Emery colored her. |
 |
| Cupcake sticker book was a hit! |
 |
| Noel even got in on the princess logo action. |
 |
| Triple Selfie |
 |
| I'm sleeping in a box. |
 |
| "Hey look, I'm a teenager." - Emery, age 5 |
On Sunday, my plan was to take Emery to a children's museum nearby, but because of rain that turned into ice, our adventure got cancelled. :( I'll have to make another trip.
The weekend was so much fun.
 |
| Love my girls. But not my hair or fat face. |
The trip back to Ohio was not as fun. I took the train from near Holly's place to the airport and despite taking my motion sickness pills (two, actually), I got the worst case of car sickness I've ever had and ended up being sick to my stomach on the train platform at Reagan. I was the only person out there - everyone else had already headed for the stairs - and was sick and crying, and lost. I was a hot mess if you've ever seen one. A nice girl came over and asked if I was ok. There was a language barrier, but she gave me a napkin and pointed me towards the airport doors. Luckily I was able to get a water, gum, postcards (important!), and take my zofran again. And I felt fine the rest of the way home.
 |
| The dreaded train ride. After dark. In the snow. Heat blasting. Ugh. |
My phone died right after I got on the plane, so I had no photos of that, which since it was at midnight, I didn't have a lot of photos to take. Funniest story, I ended up sitting next to Joey Bosa, an Ohio State football player, who was on his way back from staying with family a few extra days after the Orange Bowl. I had no idea who he was and even after he told me his name, I still asked dumb questions like "do you get to play?" and said things like "I'll have to look for you next season." Then I get home, look him up and find out he's one of the biggest players on the team. Big Ten Player of the Week, All-American as a freshman (probably). So, there's that.
I was excited to get home because while I was at Reagon, I got the text saying work was closed on Monday because of the arctic temperatures we were expecting!! Sleeping in sounded great to me after a weekend of traveling.
No comments:
Post a Comment