I had a really great Christmas season this year with friends and family.
I feel like the season started off with a little Christmas dinner I had in mid December. The theme was "Merry & Bright". So guests had the option of how to take the 'bright' part which was a dress code requirement - glitter, sparkles, bright colors. I ended up wearing my favorite gold glitter shorts. Alicia wore a bow skirt (similar but much cuter than this one) and was definitely the best dressed.
Other than the mirror selfie of me before I changed for bed, I took no pictures! Thanks to those that came.
![]() |
| Why do I have to get so pale in the winter? |
Shannon had a cookie decorating party, so I got my fill of decorating. My favorite is the obre tree I made with pink icing and sprinkles.
| Gifts under my little tree. :) |
| Somehow three generations in a row were 90% girls. |
![]() |
| He is obviously not a fan of Uncle Tyler. |
| Silent Night by candlelight at church! |
On Christmas Day, we went to Mam and Papaw's for breakfast. I love Christmas morning breakfast at their house. It's my favorite Christmas tradition. Other families do dinner, we do breakfast.
This year, instead of buying gifts for everyone, we drew names. I got my Mom's name and she got mine. I got her a pair of nice pajamas and she got me a chunky grey necklace and black and white Aztec print leggings.
| Cousins at Mam's. |
Each year, Mam takes my picture with her nativity scene. She has done this since I was a baby and someday I'm going to go through all of her photos and get those pictures and put them all together. She doesn't do this with any other grandkids. I'm sure it has to do with me being the first grandchild and after more came along it got too hectic. ha.
I tried to get a 'family' photo of Bowie and I in front of my parents tree, but that worked about as well as nailing jello to a tree (a saying of Dad). So here is the best result. Molly even got one of her jumping out of my arms.
![]() |
| #dyejobneededasap #aswellassun |
Christmas night we exchanged gifts with the family. I got another pair of aztech leggings (from Molly) and a cute top, along with new towels, flannel sheets and a shop vac. And of course, I was super excited about all of them. #gettingold
| The best present of all. |
![]() |
| Molly also gave Portuguese lessons in between rounds. |
After 7 days at home, Bowie and I were excited to come back to Columbus, although I was really jealous that the night I left Molly got to hang out with Payton and Avery and then the next day they went prom dress shopping!!!! While unpacking and putting away gifts, I realized Bowie got about 25 mice or play toys for Christmas! And I didn't buy her any of them! My family always teases me about being a cat lady, but look who the crazy ones are that buy her stuff. (I may or may not have bought her catnip bubbles at the store last night, but it was after Christmas!)
| I'm the baby, gotta love me! |




The pic of you and B made me LOL! Also love your Christmas cookies!
ReplyDelete