Things that are definite on the calendar for 2014:
Visiting DC in early January for a late Christmas with the nieces.- Long weekend trip to Florida to visit Erica.
- Spending the 4th of July in Washington DC on the mall!
Things I want to do during 2014:
- Go skiing.
- Run at least 8 5K's this year (one more than 2013), the Big 10K in Chicago, and possibly run another half marathon.
- Chaperone the PHS trip to Washington DC in June with Molly.
- Get a new stamp in my passport.
- Chaperone the study abroad trip to Honduras in May.
- Go ziplining at Hocking Hills or the Wilds.
- Pay off my student loans before 2015.
- Take the GRE. Apply to the HESA graduate program in December.
- Cook more instead of eating out/plan out weekly meals.
- Pack my lunch at least 4 days a week.
- Go to the gym BEFORE work at least 4 days a week.
- Never drive with my gas light on.
- Have at least one "me night" per week.
- Go to church every Sunday.
- Spend more time volunteering and giving to others.
- Get my Bible study lesson done each week before class on Monday.
- Continue to work on me - doing things out of my comfort zone, speaking up when I feel the need to, basically have no regrets about not doing something. And continue to trust God that he has a plan for me and I shouldn't be worried. :)
How did I do at following through with my goals and plans for 2013? I think I did pretty good. Obviously I wasn't going to financially able to do everything on my list, but I'm happy with what I did get to do!
Things that are definite on the calendar for 2013:
Snow tubing in late January!It was actually in March, but I went and had a blast with students!In February I'm going to be running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon with my best friend Erica. I've never done a half marathon, but I'm so excited for this trip! I'll be flying to Florida by myself (that will be a first), I'll get to see Erica's place in Tampa (which I've never been to) and we're going to Disney World!I did all three! Flew by myself which was amazing, ran the half marathon, went to Disney World AND went to the Gulf of Mexico (bonus!)!In March I'll get to do a little traveling to Arkansas with a group of students. Excited for this as well. I've never been to Arkansas, but read a lot about it on blogs!I loved NWA and definitely want to go back again for a longer visit.I also may be going on a cruise over spring break. I hope that all works out.We went in July instead of over Spring Break, but again, it was awesome!- Officiating track meets this spring. I've always wanted to do it, so I mailed my application in. Plus, it'll be a nice extra paycheck. I got the license, but unfortunately didn't have the time to actually officiate. Maybe I'll try this again in the future.
Things that I plan to add to the calendar at some point this year:
- Skiing - I haven't been in a few years and want to go soon. Didn't get to go, maybe in 2014?
- I want to run in a 5K at least every other month. I definitely plan to do the
Dogwood 5Kand theSusan G. Koman Race for the Cureagain this spring. My sister has asked if I want to run the Capital City Half Marathon with her in early May and the Redlegs Run on June 1 in Cincinnati. I also think it would be fun to do the Big10K in Chicago in July. And I think the Emerald City Quarter Marathon would be a fun new one to do too (plus, there are fire fighters that ran this IN UNIFORM! All the motivation I'd need to keep going. Or to faint!) :) I ran seven races (Race for the Cure, Dogwood Festival, Color Mania, Ohio State 4Miler, Dash for Donation, Chillicothe Fire Run, AZP Run for their Lives). Still want to do the Big 10K and the Cap City Half this year. I want to knock a few more things off of my "101 Things to do in 1001 days" list, especially the traveling section and the series of doing things for others.Definitely did this.- Do the zip lining course at The Wilds or Hocking Hills. Didn't do this. :(
- Visit more college campuses and go to a few away Ohio State games (basketball or football). Didn't make it to any away games. :(
Things that are just goals for me to do sometime this year:
Start work on my master's degree.Did this! One course down, 4,492 more to go.Cook more instead of eating out all of the time.Did better at this.Make sure my gas tank is always at least 1/4 full. Did ok at this.Always complete my bible study lesson.Did much better at this!!!Have at least one "me night" per week where I lounge at home and watch TV!Did better at this, especially with having homework and reading to do for class.Not spend money unnecessarily. I don't need a cute sweater from Target every time I go.Definitely cut back in September and got serious about this one.Continue to work on me - doing things out of my comfort zone and things that I wouldn't normally have done, speaking up when I feel the need to, basically have no regrets about not doing something. And trust God that he has a plan for me and I shouldn't be worried. :)Never been happier with myself than I am now, so I'm very happy with the progress I've made over the past year on this goal. :)
I'm excited for what 2014 has in store for you! I'm so glad to call you a friend and hope to enjoy some of these things on your 2014 to-do list with you (like running and maybe some traveling)!
ReplyDelete