Tuesday night we had a suprise shower for a few good friends, Brittany, Jenny and Shannon. We hosted it at Fletcher's house on her new deck and enjoyed cute little boxed lunches, champaign, lemonade and hours of chatting.
Each guest brought three of the same book - one for each lady/baby and they also got a set of blocks from Lindsey.
| Blogger Babies. |
| gifts for the mamas. Which one did I bring? |
So if you might be wondering why the sign says "Blogger Babies" that's because most of us me through blogging. Three years ago we all randomly went to a blogger meet up at the Cheesecake Factory. Basically a blind girl date. Then throughout the next year, we started to form friendships with each other and when it came time to meet up again a year later, we all sat together and I think have been doing things together ever since.
These girls aren't even my 'blog friends' they are my in real life friends that I celebrate birthdays with, go to the movies, dinner, house sit and pet sit for. It just so happens that we met through blogging, but blogging is actually the last way we actually communicate these days....especially since some of them don't even blog anymore (I'm talking to you Hance, Perkins and Carlson!!). And since at one point or another we'd all discussed the idea of having a baby shower for some of the girls, we just had one and tricked them into thinking they were getting Chipotle. :)
| I made that corn dip and it was delicious. |
| Drinks on the patio. |
| Pink Lemonade. |
| Boxed Dinners. |
| Too cute. |
| I have the same lantern and the flower pots are so cute. |
| Congrats Mamas! |
| Love these girls! |
| The group - in the dark. I'm on my tip toes cause Alicia was wearing giant platforms. |
| the lone picture i was in that night. |
You girls are the sweetest! I'm so glad to have met each and everyone! Thanks again for making this so special!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun surprise from them. I read all three of their blogs. I don't remember which blog of yours I started reading first, but I think I found the rest of you from the first one and was thrilled everyone is from the Columbus-area. I'm also expecting my first (23 weeks) so it's been fun to read theirs to see what I have coming up in my pregnancy, lol!
ReplyDeleteThank you again for the wonderful shower! It was such a nice surprise and I'm so glad we're friends :) By the way, I need that corn dip recipe! I tried to find it on pinterest but found a few different versions and don't know which one you used. I've been craving it since Tuesday night.
ReplyDeleteHi! I found you through Holly's post about the shower. I'm in Columbus, too. I love your High Street Lunch tour; my husband and I are doing something similar in the Short North. It's slow going, but fun!
ReplyDeleteGwen at Confessions of a Gila Monster