Friday, June 21, 2013

Fire Run 5K

My BFF Erin and I did our first 5K together last Saturday. We ran together in high school and while I quit cross country after one year, she lettered four times. I was such a slacker then. But it's also more fun to run when you're doing it for fun and for your own personal goals than to be doing it competitively and for time.

So anywho, we ran this 5K and it was called the Fire Run, which benifited the local fire departments. Fire departments are near and dear to my heart, because my daddy is our fire chief and so many men in my family have been firemen.

And also because Chicago Fire is my favorite show ever and who doesn't love seeing a hot fireman in uniform. :)

Case in point....
Kelly Severide......love him.

Matthew Casey.....love him too.

And just one more....

(squeeeeel!!)

Unfortunately none of the firemen at the 5K looked like either Lt. Severide or Lt. Casey. :( I mean, not even close.

But, I was there to run, not look at the firemen. And that I did. The route was actually 3.5 miles long, not 3.1. That's a big difference!!!!

We ran the entire time and kept a steady pace. There weren't a ton of people that ran it in and I didn't like the fact that majority of the race we were running on a sidewalk along a busy road - with no signs, so if you were slow you pretty much didn't know where you were headed.

5K complete!!


But other than all that - it was a great run. And after it, Erin and I facetimed Erica in Florida and we have decided that we are going to run a half-marathon either this fall or next winter. It's going to become an annual girls weekend tradition and I'm so excited and looking forward to it! Now, just to decide if we're going to Key West, Savannah or Charleston! (What we narrowed it down to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment