Sunday, November 18, 2012

Will Run for Chocolate

This morning I ran in the Hot Chocolate 5K in Downtown Columbus. It was the forth 5K I've done this year and by far the coldest! The last one I ran was in mid-July, so it was quite a very big difference in weather. Probably about 60 degrees to be exact! :)

I did ok in this race. I didn't train for this one as much as the ones I did back in the spring. Not by a long shot. So about the half-way point I had to stop and touch my toes because I had a 'bubble.'

If you're not sure what a 'bubble' is, it's that sharp pain in your side that you get when you are running. I don't know what it's called really, but Erin and I referred to it as a bubble during cross country in junior high. Our coach told us to touch our toes while running. I'm not sure if he was joking and wanted to see us try to run while bending over to touch our toes or if he was being serious. But bending over DOES help. I would just suggest you stop to do it. Otherwise you might end up eating blacktop.

I have a lot of work to do between now and my half marathon in February. Running is now a top priority. I will not be a slacker any more.

But on to today.

I ended up running with my oldest sister for the first half of the race. And finished with an okay time for me, definitely not my fastest. But Nike+ messed up and didn't keep up, but it was a timed race so I saw my official time online.

After the race we got hot chocolate and some treats to dip in chocolate. Nothing super fancy like I thought, but how could it be with thousands of people there. :)

So it was a good race. Definitely what I needed for a kick in the butt to get me running again. And it's always fun to run with a lot of people over just a handful at the Dogwood Festival. Plus it gives me something to work towards, because if I don't have that, I slack. Obvious by the fact the last time I ran on a regular basis was before The Color Run in July. :)

Blurry pic of my outfit all laid out! :)
In the starting corrals.

Me and Heather running together. Before I had to stop.
Almost to the finish line.
Me and my big sis after finishing.
My brother-in-law came to cheer on my sis! :) So sweet!
Me with Heather and her two coworkers!
After the race was over, Abra, Tricia and I went to Hangover Easy on campus and had breakfast! I had pancakes! yum!

 
We all ended up in aqua - not planned!



No comments:

Post a Comment